Donald K. Tarlton
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Donald K. Tarlton|
|Also known as||Donald K. Donald|
12 May 1943 |
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, promoter|
|Labels||Last Gang Records, Aquarius|
Donald K. Tarlton, CM (born 12 May 1943) is a Canadian record producer and promoter. He promoted numerous concerts and Canadian musicians under the name Donald K. Donald.
Early life and education
In 1966 Tarlton founded Donald K. Donald Productions, a concert promotion and booking company.
In 1998, Tarlton founded the music industry promotion company Le Group DKD and founded several new music labels. 
Awards and recognition
- 1982: Félix Award, Producer of the Year
- 2000: Appointed Member of the Order of Canada
- 2007: Walt Grealis Special Achievement Award, presented at the Juno Awards
- 2015: SOCAN Special Achievement Award
- Larry LeBlanc (8 January 2000). Promoter Tarlton Turns to New Labels in Canada. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 39–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Rioux, Christian. "Donald, Donald K.". thecanadianencyclopedia.com. The Historica Dominion Institute. Archived from the original on 8 June 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- The Right Honourable Adrienne Louise Clarkson. "Donald K. Tarlton, C.M.". Ottawa: Governor General of Canada. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- The Right Honourable Adrienne Louise Clarkson (30 September 2000). "Canada Gazette Part I, Vol. 134, No. 40" (PDF). Ottawa: Governor General of Canada. Canada Gazette. Government House. p. 5 (3069 Canada Gazette). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 October 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "Juno Awards Database". junoawards.ca. Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 2012-04-04. Retrieved 16 June 2011.