Donald Mackay Medal
Dr. Donald Mackay was deputy Director of the Ross Institute at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. He worked for many years in tropical occupational health, especially on the tea plantations of South Asia. He died in 1981.
Donald Mackay Medal
The Donald Mackay Medal is awarded in his honor for outstanding work in tropical health, especially relating to improvements in the health of rural or urban workers in the tropics.
The award criteria are determined by the :
- Trustees of the Mackay Memorial Fund
- Councils of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
The medal is awarded annually, by the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene in even-numbered years by the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene in odd-numbered years. It was first awarded in 1990.
- 2018 Ahmed H. Fahal, professor of surgery at the University of Khartoum and head of its Mycetoma Research Center. 
- 2017 Patrick Lammie
- 2016 Moses Bockarie
- 2015 Professor Dennis Shanks, University of Queensland Medical School and the Australian Army Malaria Institute (AMI).
- 2014: Alimuddin Zumla
- 2013: Myron M. Levine University of Maryland School of Medicine & Gary J. Weil Washington University School of Medicine
- 2012: Tewolde Gebremeskel
- 2011: David Sack Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health & R. Bradley Sack Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- 2010: Tran Tinh Hien
- 2009: Jane Cardosa
- 2008: Anthony D.M. Bryceson
- 2007: David H. Molyneux
- 2006: Paul M. Fine
- 2005: David L. Heymann
- 2004: Alan Fenwick
- 2003: Eric Ottesen
- 2001: Joseph A. Cook
- 2000: James L. Tulloch
- 1999: Franklin A. Neva
- 1998: Eldryd H. O. Parry
- 1997: Hernando Groot
- 1996: Ahmed M. El Hassan
- 1995: Alfred A. Buck
- 1994: Jill Seaman
- 1993: Warren and Gretchen Berggren
- 1992: Bernard Kouchner
- 1991: Brian Greenwood
- 1990: Ralph H. Henderson
- "Donald Mackay Medal". Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "ASTMH - Donald Mackay Medal". astmh.org. Archived from the original on 4 February 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Previous medal winners". Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Donald Mackay Medal (RSTMH) awarded to Professor Ahmed Hassan Fahal of the Mycetoma Research Centre in Khartoum". gaffi. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "Dr. G. Dennis Shanks presented with medal". Gainesville Times. Retrieved 12 May 2016.