|Born||Donald Gordon McGauchie
circa 1950 (age 66–67)
|Education||Geelong Grammar School|
|Known for||National President, National Farmers Federation|
|Board member of||Telstra, Nufarm Limited, Reserve Bank of Australia|
Donald Gordon McGauchie AO (born c. 1950) is an Australian farmer and businessman. He was educated at Geelong Grammar School. He has a farming background, and is a senior partner of C & E McGauchie, Terrick West Estate, a poll merino stud in the Loddon Valley area of northern Victoria. From 1994 to 1998 was president of the National Farmers Federation.
McGauchie had strong links to the Liberal Party and then prime minister John Howard. During Howard's term of office, McGauchie accepted several advisory positions with the government, serving on the Prime Minister's Supermarket to Asia Council, the Foreign Affairs Council and the Trade Policy Advisory Council. He was a member of the board of the Reserve Bank of Australia from 2001 to 2011. In 2004 he succeeded Bob Mansfield as chairman of Telstra Corporation. After failing to meet expectations of large Telstra shareholders, McGauchie resigned from the position in May 2009, and was replaced by Catherine Livingstone. He also joined the board of Nufarm Limited in 2003 and has been chairman since 2010.
McGauchie won the Rabobank Agribusiness Leader of the Year award in 2001. In 2004, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia for services to the Australian grain and wool industries, and for his economic reform of Australian agricultural commodity handling and marketing.
- Koutsoukis, Jason (21 July 2004). "McGauchie, a man with all the right credentials". The Age. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "About Us". Terrick West Poll Merinos. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Telstra Corp Ltd". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- Schwab, Adam (2010). Pigs at the Trough: Lessons from Australia's Decade of Corporate Greed. Milton, Qld: John Wiley & Sons. p. 3. ISBN 9781742169903.
- "Past & Present Reserve Bank Board Members". Reserve Bank of Australia. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Telstra appoints Donald McGauchie as chairman". The Sydney Morning Herald. 20 July 2004. Retrieved 20 March 2008.
- "Ex-chairman Donald McGauchie loses last Telstra fight". Retrieved 24 May 2009.
- "Telstra Executives and Directors". Archived from the original on 22 April 2009. Retrieved 24 May 2009.
- Bennet, Michael (14 July 2010). "Former Telstra director Donald McGauchie to replace Hoggard at Nufarm". The Australian. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- "Rabobank Leadership Awards 2105: Award Winners". Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
|This Australian business biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|