|Born||Donald Edward Newhouse
1929 (age 87–88)
New York City, NY, US
|Residence||New York City, NY, US|
|Occupation||President of Advance Publications|
|Net worth||US$9.5 billion (August 2016)|
|Spouse(s)||Susan Newhouse (1955–2015)|
|Parent(s)||Samuel Newhouse, Sr.
Donald Edward Newhouse (born 1929) is an American heir, business magnate and philanthropist. Together with his brother Samuel, he owns Advance Publications, founded by their late father in 1922, whose properties include Condé Nast (publisher of such magazines as Vogue, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker, etc.), dozens of newspapers across the United States (including The Star-Ledger, The Plain Dealer, The Oregonian, etc.), cable company Bright House Networks and a controlling stake in Discovery Communications. According to Forbes, with an estimated net worth of $10.5 billion and the 56th richest person in the United States. He resides in New York City.
They have three children:
- Katherine Irene Newhouse - school teacher at the Town School in New York; married Dr. Joseph Patrick Mele in 1991.
- Michael Andrew Newhouse - assistant publisher of the Times of Trenton; married Elyse Sue Applebaum in 1988. Elyse's brother, Scott Applebaum, is founder and CEO of Multispark, LLC. Elyse works as the president of global development at Advance's magazine company Conde Nast International.
- Steven O. Newhouse (b. 1957) - editor of the Jersey Journal; married to Gina Sanders in 1993.
He also has six grandchildren: Sarah, Robert, David, Andrew, Alex, and Kate.
- Donald Newhouse - Forbes August 2016
- CNN Money Magazine: "THE BIGGEST PRIVATE FORTUNE Media magnates Si and Don Newhouse control a $7.5-billion empire. It's a tightly private show, but there's no hiding wealth this big" By Carol J. Loomis August 17, 1987
- Newhouse: All the Glitter, Power, & Glory of America's Richest Media Empire & the Secretive Man Behind It by Thomas Maier - May 1997, p.39
- New York Times: "Miss Newhouse, A Teacher, Weds" August 12, 1991
- New York Times: "Elyse Applebaum Married in Jersey" August 22, 1988
- Campden FB: "Advance Publications daughter-in-law promoted at Conde Nast" By Jessica Tasman-Jones 5 September, 2014 09:52 AM
- New York Times: "WEDDINGS; Gina Sanders, Steven Newhouse" March 1, 1993
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|