Donald Ellis Pickering
15 November 1933
|Died||19 December 2009 (aged 76)|
Pickering appeared in many stage, television, film and radio roles. His television appearances include three roles in Doctor Who (The Keys of Marinus, 1964; The Faceless Ones, 1967; Time and the Rani, 1987). In the 26-part BBC series The Pallisers, he played Dolly Longstaffe. He also played roles in The House of Eliott, Dr. Watson in the series Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson (1979–1980), Yes, Prime Minister, Brittas Empire and Executive Stress.
|1957||Doctor at Large||Cyril||Uncredited|
|1957||Carry on Admiral||Second Officer||Uncredited|
|1964-1987||Doctor Who||Captain Blade / Beyus / Eyesen||TV Series, 12 episodes|
|1964||Nothing But the Best||Adrian Slater|
|1964-1966||The Saint||Jeremy / Hans||TV Series, 2 episodes|
|1965||Battle of the Bulge|
|1966||Fahrenheit 451||TV Announcer||Uncredited|
|1967||A Challenge for Robin Hood||Sir Jamyl de Penitone|
|1967-1969||The Avengers||Freddie Cartwright / Peter Roberts||TV Series, 2 episodes|
|1970||The Breaking of Bumbo||Jorum|
|1971||The Persuaders!||Morley Lyndon|
|1977||A Bridge Too Far||Lieutenant Colonel Mackenzie|
|1977||The Three Hostages||McGillivray|
|1978||The Thirty Nine Steps||Marshall|
|1979||Zulu Dawn||Major Russell|
|1986||Half Moon Street||George Hardcastle|
|1997||The Man Who Knew Too Little||Sir Duncan|
|1998||Monk Dawson||Archbishop of Westminster|
- "Donald Pickering".
- "Donald Pickering - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- "Donald Pickering". 25 October 2017 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Donald Pickering - Movies and Filmography - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Donald Pickering: Character actor who played three roles in 'Dr Who'". 3 February 2010.
- "Donald Ellis Pickering's Obituary on The Times". The Times.
- Donald Pickering on IMDb
- Donald Pickering at the Internet Broadway Database
- Obituary in The Independent
|This article about a British television actor born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|