This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
South Porcupine, Ontario
|Practice||A.J Diamond; Diamond Schmitt Architects Incorporated|
Born in 1951 in South Porcupine, a mining town in northern Ontario, Canada, he went to high school at the University of Toronto Schools (UTS) and studied afterwards at the University of Toronto Faculty of Architecture.
He is the Founding Chair of the City of Toronto Public Art Commission. He is currently a member of the Advisory Committee on Planning, Design and Realty for Canada’s National Capitol Commission in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and is also a member of the Waterfront Toronto Revitalization Corporation (TWRC) Design Review Panel. This group is responsible for reviewing waterfront designs for Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Buildings of Note
- 1983: Metro Toronto YMCA, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2002: Bahen Centre for Information Technology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2002: University of Ontario Institute of Technology Master Plan
- 2003: Max M. Fisher Music Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- 2004: Pierre Berton Resource Library, Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
- 2005: University of Guelph-Humber Academic Building, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2008: Cambridge City Hall, Cambridge, Ontario
- 2010: Evergreen Brick Works Centre for Sustainability, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2013: Hospital for Sick Children Research Building, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Work in Progress
- Barrie Waterfront Development Project, Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- St. Catharines Centre for the Performing Arts, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
- Brock University School of Performing Arts, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
- Emily Carr University of Art+Design, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1996: Works: The Architecture of A.J. Diamond, Donald Schmitt and Company, 1968-1995
- Robinson, John. “Architecture for the People.” Toronto Star, April 26, 1987
- Waterfront Toronto Design Review Panel Members
- National Capitol Commission Advisory Committee on Planning, Design and Realty
- University of Toronto Capital Projects Archived February 5, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Polo, Marco. “Green Giant.” Canadian Architect, January 2003
- Oder, Norman. "Looking Snazzy on the Inside." Library Journal 15 09. 2006.
- An ever changing face at the Brick Works." World Architecture News 23 11. 2007
- Diamond, A.J. , Donald Schmit. " Works: The Architecture of A.J. Diamond, Donald Schmitt and Company, 1968-1995" Halifax: Tuns Press, 1996
- Diamond, A.J., Donald Schmitt, and Don Gilmour. “Insight and On Site. The Architecture of Diamond and Schmitt.” Toronto: Douglas & McIntyre, 2008
- Canadian Architect Review