Done the Impossible
Done the Impossible is a 2006 documentary film on the fan following for Firefly. Its focus is on how fans came to love the show and played a part in the production of its feature film continuation Serenity.
The title is taken from a line of dialogue, spoken by Malcolm Reynolds in the pilot episode of Firefly. In context, it referred to the Independents' achievement of (temporarily) holding Serenity Valley against the Alliance: "We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
- Firefly production
The film was released as a DVD with more than five hours of additional interviews, as well as various bonus features. The main feature was also released as a torrent under a noncommercial Creative Commons license.
IGN Reviewer Eric Goldman noted "It's fun to see the interviews and the joy the show has brought to many.... The extras are well done and informative, in some ways doing a much better job than the documentary of presenting facts about the series to a novice, who doesn't know a Companion from an Operative."
Judge Adam Arseneau of DVD Verdict describes it as "the ultimate expression of fanboy love" and explains that the film is more about the fan community than a documentary about Firefly itself. He warns "this one is for fans only. Even then, it's a bit obsessive at times." but as a fan himself he enjoyed it.
- Track listing
- "Done the Impossible (Ballad of Serenity)" - Rob Kuhlman
- "Autumn in Asheville" (Instrumental) - Emerald Rose
- "Gwydion's Song To Lleu" (Instrumental) - Emerald Rose
- "The Fall of Serenity Valley" - Brobdingnagian Bards
- "Take Me Down (To Her Water)" - Emerald Rose
- "Urania Sings" (Instrumental) - Emerald Rose
- "Deventure" - Vitulari
- "Big Damn Heroes" (Instrumental) - Emerald Rose
- "Firefly Main Title (The Ballad of Serenity)" - Emerald Rose
- "Big Damn Trilogy" (Instrumental) - The Bedlam Bards
- "Come to the Dance" (Instrumental) - Emerald Rose
- "Sail the Sky" (Instrumental) - The Bedlam Bards
- "The Rock Garden" - The Bedlam Bards
- "I'm Gonna See Serenity" - Dan Sehane
- "Big Damn Trilogy" - The Bedlam Bards
- "Mal's Song" - Michelle Dockrey
- "Big Damn Heroes" - Emerald Rose
- "The Ballad of Lux" - The Bedlam Bards
- "Mal's Song" (Instrumental) - Tony Fabris
- "Done the Impossible" (Ballad of Serenity) (Instrumental) - Rob Kuhlman
- "Done the Impossible: The Fans' Tale of Firefly & Serenity A look at the passionate following of Joss Whedon's sci-fi series". IGN. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- Judge Adam Arseneau (August 31, 2006). "DVD Verdict Review". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27.
- Done the Impossible: The Fans' Tale of Firefly & Serenity (2006), DVD, UPC 822732036221