Donetsk National Technical University
|Location||Pokrovsk, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine|
Donetsk National Technical University (DonNTU, formerly Donetsk Polytechnic Institute) is the biggest and oldest higher education establishment in Donbas, founded in 1921. It was located in Donetsk, Ukraine, but as a result of war in Donbass it was relocated to Pokrovsk. In its early years, it was attended by Nikita Khrushchev.
Donetsk National Technical University (DonNTU) is the first higher education establishment in the Donbas Region and one of the first technical universities in Ukraine. 27,000 students study at 7 faculties, 60 specialities being their major. There are 28 correspondent members and academicians of the engineering academies, 18 honorary researchers and professors among the academics of the university. A number of scientists of DonNTU are honorary and full members of foreign organizations and academies. There are professors and students whose work was supported by the Soros Fund.
- DonNTU has more than 70 collaboration agreements with universities all over the world.
- There is an office of the Siemens company at the university.
- At the three engineering faculties (German, French, and English) students are trained in the appropriate foreign language.
- A Polish faculty has been established.
- Thirty professors from foreign universities are Honorary Doctors of DonNTU.
- The university has a reading room sponsored by the Goethe Institute, Germany.
Donetsk National Technical University is a member of the EAU (European Association of Universities).
DonNTU is a member of
- UICEE – The International Engineering Education Centre sponsored by UNESCO, Melbourne, Australia;
- EAIE – European Association of International Education;
- EAAU – Euro-Asian Association of Universities;
- SEFI – European Association of Engineering Education;
- IGIP – International Association of Engineering Education (Austria)
- COFRAMA – French Council on Management links development with the countries of the CIS and Russia (Lion, France); PRELUDE – International Association of Research and links with universities (Belgium);
- CEUME – Consortium of Management Education in Ukraine (the USA, Poland);
- URAN – Ukrainian Educational and Research Network sponsored by the NATO and German Research Network.
DonNTU is a participant in the following international programmes:
- TEMPUS-TACIS NCD-JEP – 23125-2002 European Studios; DAAD Eastern Partnerships (Germany);
- Stipend of the International Board of the Ministry of Education and Science (the German Aerodynamics Center);
- BWTZ-Programm (Germany, the Ministry of Science),
- INTAS – Publishing House (Germany) ;
- BMEU/CEUME Business - Management - Education (USA, Poland);
- The Jozef Mihknowski Science Development Fund (Poland);
- Students Exchange Programmes AIESEC (Poland);
- Grant from the Ministry of Education and Sports, Poland;
- Grant from the Ministry of Education and Science (Russia);
- The programm Dnipro (France) ;
- Grant of the Special School of Social Works, Construction and Industry (ESTP), (France);
- Grant from the government of Chzech Republic;
- SIDA – Master and Bachelor programme Sandwich (Sweden).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Donetsk National Technical University.|