Donetsk National Technical University
|Donetsk National Technical University|
|Location||Krasnoarmiysk, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine|
|Affiliations||Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine|
Donetsk National Technical University (DonNTU, formerly Donetsk Polytechnic Institute) is the biggest and oldest higher education establishment in Donbass, founded in 1921. It was originally located in Donetsk, Ukraine, but as a result of war in Donbass it was relocated to Krasnoarmiysk. In its early years, it was attended by Nikita Khrushchev.
Donetsk National Technical University (DonNTU) is the first higher education establishment in the Donbass Region and one of the first technical universities in Ukraine. 27 000 students study at 7 faculties, 60 specialities being their major. There are 28 correspondent members and academicians of different engineering academies, 18 honorary researchers and professors among the academics of the University. A number of scientists of DonNTU are honorary and full members of different foreign organizations, academies. There are professors and students whose work was supported by the Soros Fund.
DonNTU has more than 70 collaboration agreements with the universities all over the world. There is the representative office of the Siemens company at the University as well as three Engineering Faculties (German, French, and English) at which students are trained in a corresponding foreign language.The Polish Faculty has been established recently. 30 professors from foreign universities of all the continents are Honorary Doctors of DonNTU. The University has the reading room sponsored by the Goethe Institute, Germany.
The well-known people, leaders of the largest industrial companies and political boards, engineering elite of Ukraine that have graduated from DonNTU call the University the most prestigious higher education establishment of Donbass.
Donetsk National Technical University is a member of the EAU (European Association of Universities).
DonNTU is a member of
• UICEE –The International Engineering Education Centre sponsored by the UNESCO, Melbourne, Australia;
• EAIE – European Association of the International Education;
• EAAU – Euro-Asian Association of Universities;
• SEFI – European Association of Engineering Education;
• IGIP – International Association of Engineering Education (Austria)
• COFRAMA – French Council on Management Links Development with the Countries of the CIS and Russia (Lion, France); PRELUDE – International Association of Research and Links with Universities (Belgium);
• CEUME – Consortium of Management Education in Ukraine ( the USA, Poland);
• URAN – Ukrainian Educational and Research Network sponsored by the NATO and German Research Network;
DonNTU is traditionally a participant of a number of international programmes:
• TEMPUS-TACIS NCD-JEP – 23125-2002 European Studios; DAAD Eastern Partnerships ( Germany);
• Stipend of the International Board of the Ministry of Education and Science ( the German Aerodynamics Center);
• BWTZ-Programm (Germany, the Ministry of Science),
• INTAS – Publishing House ( Germany) ;
• BMEU/CEUME Business-Management- Education (the USA, Poland);
• The Jozef Mihknowski Science Development Fund ( Poland);
• Students Exchange Programmes AIESEC (Poland);
• The grant of the Ministry of Education and Sports, Poland;
• The grant of the Ministry of Education and Science ( Russia);
• The programm Dnipro (France) ;
• Grant of the Special School of Social Works, Construction and Industry (ESTP), (France);
• The grant of the Government of Chzech Republic;
• SIDA – Master’s and Bachelor’s programme Sandwich ( Sweden) and others.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Donetsk National Technical University.|