|Traded as||KRX: 016380|
|Founded||October 27, 1982|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Soo Il Lee, (CEO)|
|Products||Steel Cold-Rolled, Steel Sheet, Steel and Iron Coating|
Number of employees
In 2013, the Korea Development Bank attempted to restructure the Dongbu Group, but its attempts resulting in slumping business. Dongbu Steel reached an agreement with creditors to undergo a debt workout program. Creditors tried to support Dongbu Steel with a variety of measures such as 600 billion won in support. The creditors then attempted to sell Dongbu Steel, but had trouble finding bidders. Dongbu Steel then sold off an electric furnace used for steel production. In May 2016, Dongbu Steel was taken off sale.
- Herh, Michael. "Troubled Companies Put KDB under Great Strain". Business Korea. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Dongbu Steel, creditors agree on recovery plan". english.yonhapnews.co.kr. Yonhap News Agency. June 30, 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Dongbu affiliate seeks receivership". Korea JoongAng Daily. October 2, 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Lee, Hyo-sik (25 January 2016). "Sale of Dongbu Steel in limbo". The Korea Times. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Chun, Beom-joo; Chung, Seok-woo. "S. Korea’s Dongbu Steel creditors opt to sell off Dangjin plant’s hot-rolled steel electric furnace to Iran - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea". pulsenews.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Kim, Yoon-mi (18 May 2016). "[Market Now] Dongbu Steel not for sale anymore". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|