Street through Dongen
Location in North Brabant
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Marina Starmans-Gelijns (VVD)|
|• Total||29.72 km2 (11.47 sq mi)|
|• Land||29.29 km2 (11.31 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.43 km2 (0.17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Density||877/km2 (2,270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Dongen (pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality and a village in the southern Netherlands. In the past it was home to a profitable leather industry, to which a few old shoe factories in the town's older sections still testify. The town is formed near a small river called "Donge" (about ten feet across), the water of which was used extensively for the leather industry. The Aerts Automobile was built here in 1899.
Dutch topographic map of the municipality of Dongen, June 2015
The municipal council consists of 21 chairs. You can find the composition of the council since 1998 below:
|Seats municipal council|
|People's Party Dongen||7||7||5||4||9|
- Nadine Broersen (born 1990) Athlete, 2014 Indoor World Champion in the pentathlon
- Anne Haast (born 1993) Chess player
- Karel Willemen (born 1967) Designer
- Kelly van Zon (born 1987) Table tennis player
- "Burgemeester René (M.F.A.) van Diessen" (in Dutch). Gemeente Dongen. Archived from the original on 12 May 2014. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 5104JJ". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This North Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|