|Private joint venture|
|Founded||July 2003 (Wuhan)|
|Headquarters||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Parent||Dongfeng Motor Corporation (50%)
Honda Motor Company (40%)
Honda Motor (China) Investment Co Ltd (10%)
Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd. (东风本田汽车有限公司) is an automobile manufacturing company headquartered in Wuhan, China, and a 50:50 joint-venture between Dongfeng Motor Corporation and Honda Motor Company. It currently produces a variety of Honda models also available in other markets and a handful of China-only products.
As of 2016, Honda reports total production capacity for this joint venture at 480,000 units, yearly. Unit counts may conflate whole vehicles and engines, and while Honda does mention the existence of a "Dongfeng Honda Engine Co Ltd" its location is listed as Guangzhou not Wuhan.
In February 2006, Dongfeng Honda completed a 2.8 billion yuan (US$ 340 million) expansion of its production facility quadrupling production capacity to 120,000 units. In May 2008, it announced plans to double production capacity to 240,000 vehicles a year with an investment of 10 billion yen (US$95.5 million).
As of 2011, product part-content included parts manufactured in Japan.
Its product line includes or has included the below vehicles:
- the Honda Civic;
- the Honda CR-V;
- the Honda Spirior;
- the Honda Elysion;
- the Honda Jade;
- the Honda XR-V
A China-only product debuted in 2016 with the Gienia, a mid-size hatchback.
- In Japanese, the name of the company may be written as 東風ホンダ from the combination of the two kanji for "Dongfeng" and katakana for Honda.
- "Dongfeng Honda to Build Third Automobile Production Plant in China". world.honda.com. Honda. 8 December 2016.
- "Manufacturing Facilities: Asia Oceania; China, Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd.". world.honda.com. 2017: Honda.
- "China: Dongfeng Honda Engine Co., Ltd.". world.honda.com. Honda. 2017.
- "Dongfeng Honda targets double output in 5 years". China.org. 7 April 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda's New Joint Venture in China Begins CR-V Production". world.honda.com. Honda. 24 April 2004.
- "Honda Opens New China Factory to Keep Ahead of Toyota". Bloomberg. 19 September 2006. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda seeking approval to double China JV capacity". Reuters. 22 May 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda to boost China capacity by 20 pct - Nikkei". Reuters. 8 May 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- Fang Yan and Ken Wills (27 March 2012). "UPDATE 1-Dongfeng 2010 net weak, outlook improves on Honda recovery". reuters.com. Thomson Reuters.
- For planned, 2016 production base, see "Dongfeng Honda to Build Third Automobile Production Plant in China". world.honda.com. Honda. 8 December 2016.
- For first and second plant in Wuhan, see "Dongfeng Honda to Build Second Auto Plant in China". world.honda.com. Honda. 20 January 2010.
- For 2004 production base, see "Honda's New Joint Venture in China Begins CR-V Production". world.honda.com. Honda. 24 April 2004.
- For 2012 production base, see "Dongfeng Honda Begins Production at New Automobile Plant". world.honda.com. Honda. 10 July 2012.
- "Honda's strategic move: Acura-based sporty car". China Daily. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- De Feijter, Tycho (5 September 2016). "Honda Gienia Debuts At The Chengdu Auto Show In China". forbes.com. Forbes.
- Official site of Dongfeng-Honda