Dongfeng Motor Company
|Private joint venture|
|Founded||9 June 2003 (Shiyan)|
|Headquarters||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
Number of employees
|Parent||Dongfeng Motor Corporation (50%)
Nissan Motors (50%)
|Dongfeng Motor Company Limited|
Dongfeng Motor Company Limited is an automobile manufacturing company headquartered in Wuhan, China and a 50:50 joint-venture between Dongfeng Motor Corporation and Nissan Motors. It produces passenger cars under the Nissan marque and commercial vehicles under the Dongfeng marque. Current products include the Nissan Sunny, Nissan Bluebird, Nissan Teana and Nissan Tiida.
Dongfeng Motor Company was formally established on 9 June 2003 and began operations on 1 July 2003.
Dongfeng Motor Company moved its headquarters from Shiyan to Wuhan in June 2006.
In September 2010 Dongfeng Motor Company unveiled a new automobile marque, Venucia (or "Qi Chen" in Chinese), to be used to sell vehicles developed and designed by the company in China specifically for the domestic market.
In July 2011 Dongfeng Motor Corporation and Nissan announced that they would invest an additional 50 billion yuan (US$8 billion) in Dongfeng Motor Company by 2015, as part of a plan to boost annual sales from around 1.3 million vehicles in 2010 to over 2.3 million units. In April 2012 it was announced that Dongfeng Motor Company would begin manufacturing models from the range of Nissan's Infiniti luxury marque from 2014.
In June 2012 Dongfeng Motor Company announced that it would invest 5 billion yuan (US$793 million) in the construction of a new assembly plant in Dalian, northeast China for the production of Nissan-branded automobiles. The plant is planned to begin production in 2014, with an initial annual capacity of 150,000 units, planned to rise to 300,000 in subsequent years.
Dongfeng Motor Company has the following principal subsidiaries:
- Passenger Vehicle Company, Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd.
- Commercial Vehicle Company, Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd.
- Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd.
- Parts & Components Business Unit, Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd.
- Equipment Company, Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd.
|Plant Type||Location||Year opened||Year closed||Notes|
|Car manufacturing||Huadu District, Guangzhou||2003||active||Sunny|
- Dongfeng Nissan-Diesel Company, a truck-producing joint venture between Dongfeng and Nissan
- "Introduction". Dongfeng Motor Company Limited. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "Dongfeng Motor Co Relocates HQ to Wuhan". China.org. 22 June 2006. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Dongfeng Nissan unveils new China brand Venucia". Reuters. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Dongfeng Nissan Launches First Self-developed Auto Model". CRI English. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Nissan, Chinese partner to invest $9.6b in China". The Straits Times. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Nissan, Chinese partner to invest $8B in China". Bloomberg Businessweek. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Nissan to make premium Infiniti cars in China from 2014". Reuters. 20 April 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Nissan to build two Infiniti models in China". AFP. 20 April 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Nissan's China JV builds 5-bln-yuan factory". Shanghai Daily. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Nissan says to build new $785 mln China car factory". Reuters. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|