|East China Institute of Textile Technology (1951-1985) ; China Textile University (1985-1999)|
Motto in English
|Virtue & Learning, Inspiration & Factuality|
|4774 foreign students|
|Campus||Changning District and Songjiang District, Shanghai|
Donghua University (simplified Chinese: 东华大学; traditional Chinese: 東華大學; pinyin: Dōnghuá Dàxué) ( Donghua means eastern China area in Chinese ) is a public research university in Shanghai, China. Established in 1951, DHU is one of the state-key universities directly under the Ministry of Education of China and is a member of China's Project 211 group of national universities. It is a Chinese Ministry of Education Double First Class Discipline University,  and is especially well known for its engineering, management, design and materials disciplines.
Founded in June 1951, Donghua University was originally named East China Institute of Textile Technology (华东纺织工学院). In September 1985, the institute changed its name to China Textile University (中国纺织大学) and changed it once again to Donghua University in August 1999.
It has been a national key university since 1960 and was one of the educational institutions in China authorized to confer all three levels of degree: bachelor's, master's, and doctorate.
- "Brief Introduction". english.dhu.edu.cn. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "教育部 财政部 国家发展改革委 关于公布世界一流大学和一流学科建设高校及建设 学科名单的通知 (Notice from the Ministry of Education and other national governmental departments announcing the list of double first class universities and disciplines)".
- "Key Disciplines". english.dhu.edu.cn. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "History of Donghua University (1)". english.dhu.edu.cn. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- "Map and Direction". english.dhu.edu.cn. Retrieved 2018-01-12.