|Genres||ambient, neofolk, experimental|
|Associated acts||Ha Lela, Wejdas, Notanga, Eirimė|
Donis is a Lithuanian ambient, neofolk and experimental music project created by the Klaipėda multi-instrumentalist Donatas Bielkauskas. He was also a member of electronic music projects Wejdas, Notanga, Ha Lela, Eirimė.
Donis has released 8 CDs. Most of Donis’ works are musical interpretations of Baltic tribal ethnomusic. His most well known album is Bitė Lingo. It has 8 archaic Lithuanian war songs interpreted by folk vocalist Rasa Serra. The album Švilpiai contains ancient ocarina (švilpynė) music. The album Sotvaras is made together with famous Lithuanian pagan band Kūlgrinda members. Donis has also made an album of a Greek mythology theme Alexandreia and some experimental-electronic works.
- 1998 – Deinaina
- 2002 – Baltos Juodos Klajos
- 2003 – Švilpiai
- 2003 – Sotvaras, with Kūlgrinda
- 2004 – Vacuum
- 2006 – Bite lingo, with singer Rasa Serra
- 2007 – Alexandreia
- 2010 – Kas tave šaukia, with singer Rasa Serra
- 2013 – Bars Bars
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-25. Retrieved 2011-02-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "DONIS - Bite lingo - CD Dangus".
- "Donis "Bite lingo"".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2011-02-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ""Donis" albumas "Kas tave šaukia"".
|This article about a European band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|