|Former names||The Calico Club|
Donna's Calico Club
Donna's Ranch is a legal, licensed brothel located in Nevada, United States. Donna's Ranch is situated in Wells, in Elko County, on 8th Street. The ranch traces its history back to 1867 and is owned by Geoff Arnold. The boxer Jack Dempsey was a previous owner.
The ranch was originally established near the railroad to serve the men constructing the nearby railroad. Wells was a major cattle pick-up point on the Central Pacific Railway, cowboys who had driven the cattle to the railroad celebrated in the ranch. Local ranchers would give a few cattle to Donna's for credit against future visits.
It has undergone several name changes and has been previously known as The Calico Club, Donna's Calico Club, and Chardon's Club.
- "Welcome to the Official Web Site of Famous and Historic Donna's Ranch!". Donna's Ranch. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Tutty, Dr. Daniel Joseph (2006). Six Thousand Truckers Can't Be Wrong. ISBN 978-0-595-37685-8. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- Powers, Ashley (2008-11-04). "In this economy, even sex doesn't sell". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Tutty, Daniel Joseph (2006). Six thousand truckers can't be wrong. Lincoln, NE: iUniverse. pp. 23–24. ISBN 978-0595376858.
- McMurdo, Doug (2008-02-21). "Strong quake strikes Nevada's gold country". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Donna's Ranch Flood Damage". Go Fund Me. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- "Legal Brothel For Sale By Owner". Company Ladies. 16 April 2004. Archived from the original on 4 June 2004. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Welcome to The Calico Club!". The Calico Club!. Retrieved 28 January 2018.