Donna Benjamin is an Australian open source community contributor, commentator and advocate. She has served in board positions with community organisations including Open Source Industry Australia, Drupal Association and the Ada Initiative, and was the lead organiser of the 2008 linux.conf.au conference in Melbourne. She regularly runs the Community Leadership Summit X at LCA (clsXlca), a workshop focussing on community development in open source projects. In 2011 she organised a crowdfunding campaign called Digitise The Dawn, which successfully raised funds to digitise The Dawn, an early feminist journal published in Australia between 1888 and 1905.
In 2012 she received the Rusty Wrench Award from Linux Australia in recognition of her contributions. She runs a micro-business called Creative Contingencies, which specialises in the Drupal content management platform.
- martab. "The Drupal Association Announces Updates to the Board of Directors: Sameer Verma and Donna Benjamin". Drupal Association. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "The Ada Initiative Announces Advisory Board". Linux Weekly News. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Corbet, Jonathan. "linux.conf.au 2008". Linux Weekly News. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Ross, Monique. "New dawn for historic suffragette journal". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- "Linux Australia Awards". Linux Australia. Retrieved 9 December 2013.