|Occupation||Food stylist, author, magazine editor|
Donna Hay (born 28 January 1971) is an Australian food stylist, author and magazine editor.
She is best known as the author of 27 bestselling cookbooks, including the new easy, the new classics, fresh and light, fast, fresh, simple, off the shelf, modern classics (books 1 and 2), the instant cook, "Basics to Brilliance" and Basics to Brilliance: Kids. Selling over 6 million copies worldwide, her books are known for their simple recipes and beautiful photography. She was named one of the 'Magnificent Seven' cookbook authors by the judges of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards in January 2007. Her most recent book, Modern Baking, was released in October 2018.
Hay also serves as Editor-in-Chief of Donna Hay Magazine, a bi-monthly magazine launched in 2001, which closed after 100 issues in July 2018. She was the Food Editor for Marie Claire magazine when it launched in Australia, as well as six months as Food Editor at The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald.
She also has her own homewares range, sold via her online store at donnahay.com.
In March 2011, Hay's first television series, Fast, Fresh, Simple, launched on The LifeStyle Channel. Fast, Fresh, Simple is a 13-part series that features many of the recipes from her book of the same name. She has also appeared many times as a guest judge on MasterChef Australia, which airs on Network Ten. May 2016 her new TV series called "Donna Hay - Basics to Brilliance" aired on Lifestyle Food Foxtel, followed by "Basics to Brilliance: Kids" in 2017.
- Harper Collins Website Archived 23 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Company Profile[failed verification] Archived 2 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Top women in food". Yahoo!7 Lifestyle. Yahoo!. 6 March 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- Mollard, Angela (27 February 2011). "Donna Hay's transformation". Herald Sun. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "Donna Hay – Fast, Fresh, Simple". LifeStyle FOOD. Foxtel Management Pty Ltd. Retrieved 15 December 2013.