She is best known as the author of 23 bestselling cookbooks, including the new easy, the new classics, fresh and light, fast, fresh, simple, off the shelf, modern classics (books 1 and 2), the instant cook, and instant entertaining. Selling over 4.5 million copies worldwide, her books are known for their simple recipes and beautiful photography. She was named one of the 'Magnificent Seven' cookbook authors by the judges of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards in January 2007.[not in citation given] Her most recent book, The New Classics, was released in November 2013.
Hay also serves as Editor-in-Chief of Donna Hay Magazine, a bi-monthly magazine launched in 2001. She has also acted as Food Editor for Marie Claire magazine since 2006, as well as six months as Food Editor at The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald.
She also has her own homewares range, launched in partnership with Royal Doulton in June, 2011.
In March 2011, Hay's first television series, Fast, Fresh, Simple, launched on The LifeStyle Channel. Fast, Fresh, Simple is a 13-part series that features many of the recipes from her book of the same name. She has also appeared many times as a guest judge on MasterChef Australia, which airs on Network Ten.
- Harper Collins Website
- Company Profile
- "Top women in food". Yahoo!7 Lifestyle. Yahoo!. 6 March 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- Mollard, Angela (27 February 2011). "Donna Hay's transformation". Herald Sun. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- "Donna Hay – Fast, Fresh, Simple". LifeStyle FOOD. Foxtel Management Pty Ltd. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- Donna Hay Magazine Official Site
- Donna Hay profile on Harper Collins website
- Donna Hay bio
- Donna Hay at the Internet Movie Database