Donnchadh mac Eoghan Ó Duinnshléibhe
Ó Duinnshléibhe was a member of a hereditary medical family based in County Donegal who were formerly the ruling dynasty of the over-kingdom of Ulaid. The Annals of the Four Masters contain his obit, sub anno 1527:
- The physician O'Donlevy (Donough, son of Owen), a Doctor of Medicine, and learned in other sciences, a man of great affluence and wealth, who kept a house of general hospitality, died on the 30th of September.
His son Eoghan MacDonlevy, M.D. (d. 1586) or Owen Ultach was like his father educated in the medical arts in Paris, like his father an ollam leighis to the O’Donnell, and likewise known for his general learning. Owen was considered the finest physician of his time in Ireland.
- Irish medical families
- Muiris mac Donnchadh Ulltach Ó Duinnshléibhe, Irish cleric, fl. 1602-1630s
- Muiris mac Seaán Ulltach Ó Duinnshléibhe, Irish cleric, fl. 1602-1630s.
- Dictionary of National Biography Sidney Lee, ed., New York: MacMillan & Co.; London: Smith, Elder & Co. (1893), Vol. 35 Mac Carwell – Maltby, p 52
- Edward MacLysaght, The Surnames of Ireland, 5th Edition, Irish Academic Press, Dublin, 1980, p 238, 292
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|