|LGA(s)||City of Whittlesea|
|State electorate(s)||Yan Yean|
Donnybrook is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 32 km north of Melbourne's Central Business District, located within the City of Whittlesea. It is bounded to the west by Merri Creek and in the east by Darebin Creek. At the 2016 Census, Donnybrook had a population of 169.
The town consists of a railway station, general store, pub, spa and a small number of houses.
Future residential and commercial development
The Donnybrook area has a number of future development initiatives. These include:
- Donnybrook and Woodside Precinct Structure Plan: 37,300 to 44,700 residents
- English Street Precinct Structure Plan: 2,900 to 3,400 residents
- Northern Quarries Area: 5,600 to 6,800 residents
Kinlochewe Post Office opened in 1850 along the Hume Highway; it was known as Donnybrook from 1854 until 1874 and was then renamed Kalkallo.
The railway line was open in 1872 and the station and new village were named Donnybrook. Donnybrook Post Office opened in 1889.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Donnybrook (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11