|Date of birth:||July 19, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Chandler, Arizona|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Chandler (AZ) Hamilton|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 66|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Moch was born in Chandler, Arizona to parents Robert Moch and Rakell Wesley. He has an older brother, Mekell Wesley, who plays football at San Diego State. Dontay Moch attended Hamilton High School in Chandler, where he played on the state championship football team in his junior and senior years and ran track. While there, he was named a First-team All-state player.
In track & field, Moch captured the state title in the 200-meter dash event at the 2005 5A State Meet, with a PR time of 21.8 seconds. One year later at the same 5A State Meet, he took gold in the 100-meter dash event, recording a personal-best time of 10.77 seconds, and ran the lead leg on the Hamilton 4 × 100 m relay squad, helping them win the state title with a time of 41.89 seconds.
At the University of Nevada, Moch sat out the 2006 season as a redshirt. In 2007, he saw action in 13 games as a linebacker, defensive end, and on special teams. That season, he recorded 13 tackles, 3.5 sacks, forced one fumble, recovered one fumble, and broke up three passes.
In 2008, Nigel Burton took over as Nevada's defensive coordinator and instituted a 4–3 scheme. The new system relied on the speed of Moch and fellow defensive lineman Kevin Basped to penetrate from the edge. Moch saw action under this scheme in all 13 games and recorded 50 total tackles (33 solo), 17.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks, two broken-up passes, and four forced fumbles. Moch finished the season tied for 12th in the nation in number of quarterback sacks. The Western Athletic Conference (WAC) named him a Second-team All-WAC defensive lineman.
In 2009, Moch was First-team All-WAC honors and was named the WAC Defensive Player of the Year . He started 13 games and finished with 61 tackles, including a WAC-leading 20.0, which set a new Nevada single-season record. He also registered 6.5 sacks, forced two fumbles and broke up three passes. Going into his senior season of 2010 Moch already owns school season records in sacks (11½ in 2008) and tackles for loss (20 in 2009) and needs 7½ sacks and 10 tackles for loss to set WAC career records.
At the 2011 NFL Combine, Moch ran a 4.44 sec 40-yard dash, best among all linebackers and defensive linemen.
In 2011, Moch suffered a broken foot in the opening preseason game on August 12, against the Detroit Lions. By October 12, Moch had returned to full practice, but was inactive for the sixth game of the regular season against the Indianapolis Colts on October 17.
Moch was suspended the first 4 games of the 2012 NFL season for using a banned substance. His 2012 campaign ended November 1 when he was placed on injured reserve for recurring migraines.
Moch returned to the Bengals on March 14, 2014 after being claimed off waivers from the Cardinals.
Moch signed with the Tennessee Titans in 2014.
Moch signed with the Toronto Argonauts on May 30, 2015.
On December 15, 2015, Moch was signed to the Atlanta Falcons' practice squad.
Los Angeles KISS
On May 26, 2016, Moch was assigned to the Los Angeles KISS.
- Dontay Moch Bio Archived June 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., University of Nevada Athletics, December 31, 2008, retrieved January 25, 2009.
- Kevin Moody, Moch and Basped locked and loaded for Wolf Pack, Nevada Appeal, August 24, 2008, retrieved January 25, 2009.
- 2008 Cumulative Season Statistics, University of Nevada Athletics, retrieved January 25, 2009.
- Pass Sacks, Bowl Subdivision (FBS) National Player Report, National Collegiate Athletic Association, January 8, 2009, retrieved January 25, 2009.
- All-WAC Football Teams Announced, Western Athletic Conference, December 1, 2008, retrieved January 25, 2009.
- Hinxman, Dan (March 1, 2011). "NFL combine: Speedy Moch sets combine record for defensive linemen". Reno Gazette-Journal.
- "Possibly two months on Moch's injury". Cincinnati.com, Cincinnati Enquirer. 2011-08-13. Archived from the original on 2011-10-17. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "Injury/Practice Report: Dontay Moch Takes Part In First FULL Practice". 2011-10-12. Archived from the original on 2011-10-17. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Reedy, Joe (2011-10-16). "Bengals-Colts inactives and pregame notes". Archived from the original on 2011-10-17. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Dontay Moch On Deck For Depleted Cardinals
- Notes: Moch returns off waivers; Bengals look for O-line depth
- "AFL Holds Dispersal Draft". arenafootball.com. October 14, 2016. Archived from the original on October 15, 2016. Retrieved October 15, 2016.