|Population||12,347 (2016 census)|
|• Density||972/km2 (2,518/sq mi)|
|Area||12.7 km2 (4.9 sq mi)|
|Location||19 km (12 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||City of Manningham|
Donvale is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 20 km east of Melbourne's Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Manningham. At the 2016 Census, Donvale had a population of 12,347.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)
Donvale Post Office opened on 16 September 1929 and closed in 1972. It now houses the Donvale Historical Society 
Donvale is named after the two roads that border the suburb. Doncaster Road and Springvale Road.
In the 2016 census the population of Donvale was 12,347. Of this population 52.3% were female and 47.7% were male. The median/average age of the population was is 44 years of age.
Nearly two-thirds (63.4%) of people living in Donvale were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were China 5.6%, Malaysia 3.1%, England, 2.8%, Hong Kong 2.1% and Italy 1.6%.
Two-thirds (66.1%) of people living in Donvale speak English only. The other top languages spoken were Mandarin 6.3%, Cantonese 6.1%, Italian 3.1%, Greek 2.9% and Persian 1.4%.
In terms of religious affiliation, 29.3% indicated no religion, 22.6% indicated Catholic, 8.6% indicated Anglican, 7.9% did not state a religion and 5.9% indicated Eastern Orthodox.
- Carey Junior Campus Donvale
- Donvale Christian College (DCC)
- Donvale Primary School
- Heatherwood School
- Our Lady of the Pines Parish Primary School
- Whitefriars College
- Donvale High School - Merged with Mullauna College in 1989.
- Mullauna College - Formed in 1989 (technically located in Mitcham).
- Donvale Hill Homeschool (DHH)
- Winter School of Excellence
Notable people who live/have lived in Donvale
- Mark "Jacko" Jackson - AFL Footballer and actor
- Greg Evans - Australian television presenter
- Stefan Dennis - Australian actor and singer
- Karl von Möller - Australian cinematographer and director
- Jo Hall - Television presenter (Nine News)
- Mick Miller (police officer) - Police officer
- Virginia Trioli - News Presenter
- Kevin Borland - Architect
- Lance Franklin - AFL Footballer
- Dennis Muj - Full time student and part time model
Points of Interest and Historical significance
The suburb has two Australian Rules football teams. The first is the Donvale Magpies, competing in the Eastern Football League. The second is the Donvale Crusaders, who compete in the Saturday Football League. However, their home ground is shard with the Mitcham Eagles Football Club, at Heatherdale Reserve, Mitcham, Victoria.
Donvale also has an indoor sports centre, with a gymnasium, complete with a sprung floor and a foam pit. The centre also has two basketball courts, which are played on every Saturday by the children in the Doncaster District Primary School Basketball Association.
- City of Doncaster and Templestowe - the former local government area of which Donvale was a part
- "2016 QuickStats Donvale". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- Full Point Footy, Donvale, retrieved 21 October 2008
- "Club Information - Donvale Crusaders". Retrieved 2 June 2020.