Doomsday Clock (song)
|Song by The Smashing Pumpkins|
|from the album Zeitgeist|
|Producer(s)||Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin|
|Zeitgeist track listing|
|Transformers: The Album track listing|
"Doomsday Clock" is a song by the American alternative rock group The Smashing Pumpkins, and is the opening track on their album Zeitgeist. Although not released as a single, the song charted on the Billboard Hot 100 and the Pop 100, due to digital sales.
It was released on iTunes for immediate download along with the pre-order for the album on June 19, 2007.
It is also included on the soundtrack for the 2007 Transformers movie. The song appears twice in the film: once as an instrumental-only version during a climactic action sequence, and the second time as a song over the closing credits.
Problems playing this file? See media help.
In early 2008, "Doomsday Clock" was licensed to the professional wrestling outfit Ring of Honor for use as the theme song of the taped pay-per-view, ROH Undeniable. It is also now used in Monster Jam as the theme song for a truck called Wrecking Crew.
- Mitchum, Rob (July 9, 2007). "The Smashing Pumpkins Zeitgeist". Pitchfork. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
Songs like "Doomsday Clock" and "Tarantula" wave the flag of stoner rock like Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult without embarrassment, and could likely pass for Queens of the Stone Age if it wasn't for that characteristic Corgan whine.
- Chamberlin, Jimmy and Billy Corgan. (Interview subjects) "Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist Track by Track Archived 2007-12-22 at the Wayback Machine." (video).
- "ROH & Smashing Pumpkins Reach Partnership". ROHwrestling.com. 2007-01-16. Archived from the original on 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "SMASHING PUMPKINS' 'Doomsday Clock' To Be Featured On 'Undeniable' PPV Archived January 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.". BlabberMouth.net. 2008-01-18.
- "Artist Chart History - The Smashing Pumpkins". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2007-06-02.