Bae in 2016, during the promotion of the film The Tunnel
|Born||(40 Korean age)October 11, 1979 |
|Education||Konkuk University – Department of Film Arts|
|Revised Romanization||Bae Du-na|
Doona Bae (Hangul: 배두나; Korean pronunciation: [pɛduna]; born October 11, 1979) is a South Korean actress and photographer. She became known outside Korea for her roles as a political activist in Park Chan-wook's Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002), archer Park Nam-joo in Bong Joon-ho's The Host (2006), and as an inflatable sex doll-come-to-life in Hirokazu Koreeda's Air Doll (2009). She has had English-speaking roles in the Wachowski films Cloud Atlas (2012) and Jupiter Ascending (2015), and their TV series Sense8 (2015–2018). Her latest work is on a Netflix period zombie thriller Kingdom (2019-present).
Bae was born in Seoul, South Korea. Growing up, Bae would follow her mother, Kim Hwa-young, a stage actress in Korea, around the theater and rehearsal halls, learning lines of dialogue as she went along. This did not initially lead Bae towards acting, saying: "People might say that since my mother is a theater actor, I became an actress. But to me, those experiences probably had the opposite effect. On the contrary, because I saw many great actors working with my mother, I thought this was a job only people with extraordinary talent could do."
A Hanyang University student in 1998, Bae was scouted by a model talent agency while walking in Seoul. This led to modeling clothing for COOLDOG's catalog, amongst others. In 1999 she made the switch to acting before completing her studies at Hanyang University, debuting in the TV drama School. Later that year, she appeared as the ghost in The Ring Virus, a Korean remake of the Japanese horror film Ring.
In 2000, director Bong Joon-ho cast her in the film Barking Dogs Never Bite for her willingness to do the part without makeup, something other South Korean actresses were unwilling to do. Bae later cited this part as the role that pushed her to pursue a serious acting career, saying: "That film made me decide to become an actress – a good actress – and that film thereby changed my whole life." In Kim So-young's documentary Women's History Trilogy (2000–2004), Bae stated her admiration for veteran South Korean actress Yoon Jeong-hee; Yoon returned the compliment, saying "Bae Doo-na owns her world." In this same documentary, Bae shared how her own most memorable scene was being chased by the homeless man throughout the apartment in Barking Dogs Never Bite. That same year she gave a risque performance (albeit with a body double for the more intense scenes) in Plum Blossom, and slowly started getting more work on television.
2003 was less kind to Bae, as she saw both Tube and Spring Bears Love flop at the box office. After completing principal photography on Spring Bears Love, Bae decided to take time off from film, saying: "I never lived even once without having anything to do. The moment a film was presented to the press, I was almost always already shooting the next one [...] I thought by myself: now my first cycle is really over. While I rest a little, I wanted to make a fresh new start."
During her hiatus from the big screen, Bae took up photography, much of which can be seen between her official blog and her published photo-essay books. She also continued to work on TV, starring in Country Princess and Rosemary. Bae finally stepped onto a theater stage in 2004, for a production of Sunday Seoul (not to be confused with the South Korean movie of the same title), a play co-written by Park Chan-wook.
In 2005 Bae gave a memorable turn as an exchange student who joins a band in the Japanese film Linda Linda Linda, then played a divorced woman in the experimental omnibus TV series Beating Heart.
She reunited with Bong Joon-ho in 2006's The Host, which became the highest-grossing film in South Korean box office history. For her role, she trained in archery for months that she was told if she really wanted, she had enough talent to make it at an amateur level. She then returned to television, through the series Someday and How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor.
After winning accolades for Air Doll, a 2009 film by Japanese director Hirokazu Koreeda about an inflatable sex doll that develops a soul and falls in love, Bae made back-to-back TV series in 2010, playing a high school teacher in Master of Study, and a night club singer in weekend drama Gloria.
Her 2012 sports film As One was based on the true story of the world table tennis championship held in Chiba, Japan in 1991 where North Korean player Ri Bun-hui and South Korean player Hyun Jung-hwa overcame their difficulties and came together to defeat the unbeatable Chinese team. Bae and co-star Ha Ji-won were trained by Hyun herself, and Bae learned to play left-handed like Ri. Afterwards she made a brief appearance in the science fiction film Doomsday Book.
Bae made her English-language, Hollywood debut in Cloud Atlas, as Sonmi~451, a clone in dystopian Korea. She also played the minor roles of Tilda Ewing, the wife of an abolitionist in pre-Civil War America, and a Mexican woman who crosses paths with an assassin. Co-directed by The Wachowskis and Tom Tykwer, the US$100 million adaptation of David Mitchell's novel premiered at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival to divisive reviews, though Bae's performance was unanimously praised by critics.
Back in Korea, Bae next starred in the 2014 film A Girl at My Door, directed by July Jung and produced by Lee Chang-dong. Playing a small-town police officer who tries to save a mysterious young girl she suspects is a victim of domestic violence, Bae said she was so fascinated by the story and emotionally challenging role that she decided to star in the movie without pay three hours after reading the script. The film premiered in the Un Certain Regard section of the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, and Bae later won Best Actress at the Asian Film Awards.
In 2015, she reteamed with the Wachowskis for their space opera Jupiter Ascending, in which she played a small supporting role as a bounty hunter. This was followed by Sense8, an American science fiction series created by the Wachowskis (in Bae's third collaboration with them) and co-written by J. Michael Straczynski. About eight strangers from different cultures and parts of the world who share a violent psychic vision and suddenly find themselves telepathically connected, Sense8 began streaming on Netflix in 2015.
She then appeared in a 90-minute web film directed by her older brother, commercial director Bae Doo-han. Titled Red Carpet Dream, it is a biopic of how Bae dreamed of becoming an actress when she was young, and her 20-year acting career. Commissioned for the 20th anniversary of the Busan International Film Festival and sponsored by MAC Cosmetics, the film screened at the festival as well as on Facebook and cable channel CGV.
Back on the big screen, Bae starred alongside Ha Jung-woo in the survival drama film The Tunnel. She then teamed up with Japanese director Shunji Iwai and actor Kim Joo-hyuk for the short film, Chang-ok’s Letter.
Bae returned to Korean TV screens in 2017 with mystery legal thriller Stranger, playing a passionate police officer. The series was a hit and gained favorable reviews for its tight plot, gripping sequences and strong performances.
In June 2018, Bae was one of 14 professionals from the Korean film industry invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS). The same year, Bae starred in crime thriller The Drug King. She also stars in Netflix's zombie series Kingdom, and romance drama Matrimonial Chaos, a remake of the Japanese television series of the same title.
|Year||English title||Original title||Role||Notes|
|1999||The Ring Virus||링 (Ring)||Park Eun-suh|
|2000||Barking Dogs Never Bite||플란다스의 개 (Dogs of Plandas)||Park Hyun-nam|
|Plum Blossom||청춘 (Youth)||Seo Nam-ok|
|2001||Take Care of My Cat||고양이를 부탁해 (Take Care of My Cat)||Yoo Tae-hee|
|2002||Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance||복수는 나의 것 (Vengeance Is Mine)||Cha Young-mi|
|Saving My Hubby||굳세어라 금순아 (Be Brave, Geum-soon!)||Jung Geum-soon|||
|2003||Tube||튜브 (Tube)||Song In-kyung|
|Spring Bears Love||봄날의 곰을 좋아하세요? (Do you like springtime bear?)||Jung Hyun-chae|
|2005||Linda Linda Linda||リンダ リンダ リンダ (Linda Linda Linda)||Son||Japanese film|
|Tea Date||N/A||Sun-hee||American short film|
|2006||The Host||괴물 (Moth)||Park Nam-joo|
|2009||Air Doll||空気人形 (Air Doll)||Nozomi||Japanese film|
|2012||Doomsday Book||인류멸망보고서 (Report of Human Fall)||Adult Park Min-seo (cameo)||segment: "Happy Birthday"|
|As One||코리아 (Korea)||Ri Bun-hui|
|Cloud Atlas||N/A||Sonmi~451 /
Tilda Ewing /
Megan's mom /
|German / American film|
|2014||A Girl at My Door||도희야 (Dohiya)||Lee Young-nam|
|2015||Jupiter Ascending||N/A||Razo||American film|
|Red Carpet Dream||N/A||Herself||Web film|
|2016||The Tunnel||터널 (Tunnel)||Se-hyun|
|2017||Chang-ok's Letter||N/A||Short film|
|2018||The Drug King||마약왕 (Drug king)||Kim Jeong-ah|
|Year||English title||Original title||Role||Notes||Network|
|1998||Angel's Kiss||천사의 키스 Angel's Kiss)||KBS2|
|1999||School||학교 (School)||Doona Bae||KBS1|
|Ad Madness||광끼 (Cow)||Pyo Roo-na||KBS2|
|2000||Love Story "Miss Hip-hop and Mr. Rock"||러브스토리: 미스 힙합과 미스터 록||Young-yi||SBS|
|Look Back in Anger||성난 얼굴로 돌아보라 (Turn to the angry face||Lee Mi-na||KBS2|
|Cruise Ship of Love||—||Doona Bae||KBS2|
|I Want To Keep Seeing You||자꾸만 보고 싶네 (I'd love to see you)||Ham Choon-bong||SBS|
|Mothers and Sisters||엄마야 누나야 (I'm your mother)||Gong Chan-mi||MBC|
|2001||Open Drama Man & Woman
"You say it's love, but I think it's desire"
|2003||Country Princess||위풍당당 그녀 (She is an idol)||Lee Eun-hee||MBC|
|Rosemary||로즈마리 (Rojeumari)||Shin Kyung-soo||KBS2|
|2005||Beating Heart||떨리는 가슴 (Trembling chest)||Doona Bae||MBC|
|2006||Someday||썸데이 (Someday)||Hana Yamaguchi||OCN|
|2007||How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor||완벽한 이웃을 만나는 법 (How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor)||Jung Yoon-hee||SBS|
|2010||Master of Study||공부의 신 (God of study)||Han Soo-jung||KBS2|
|Gloria||글로리아 (Geulroria)||Na Jin-jin||MBC|
|2017||Stranger||비밀의 숲 (Secret Forest)||Han Yeo-jin||tvN|
|2018||Matrimonial Chaos||최고의 이혼 (Best Divorce)||Kwang Hwi-roo||KBS2|
|2019||Persona||페르소나 (Persona)||Doona||"Love Set" episode|
Music video appearances
|"Party Time"||Ray Jay|
|2007||"Every Time I Look at You"||Kang Kyun-sung|
|2009||"Tsumetai Ame"||Every Little Thing|
|2010||"Seesaw" / "Confession"||Hot Potato|
|"Temperature of Separation"||Yoon Jong-shin feat. You Hee-yeol|
|Radio TenTen Club||SBS||DJ|
|2004||Sunday Seoul||Actress, producer|
|2005||リンダ リンダ ("Linda Linda")||Linda Linda Linda OST |
we are PARAN MAUM EP
|僕の右手 Boku no Migite ("My Right Hand")|
|終わらない歌 Owaranai Uta ("Never Ending Song")|
|2010||글로리아 ("Gloria")||Gloria OST|
|바보랍니다 ("I'm a Fool")|
|"Ready to Fly" (feat. Jung Jae-yun)|
|2006||Doona's London Play||Taste Factory||ISBN 89-958439-0-X|
|2007||Doona's Tokyo Play||Taste Factory||ISBN 89-958439-5-0|
|2008||Doona's Seoul Play||Chung-Ang Books||ISBN 978-89-6188-765-6|
Awards and nominations
|1999||KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actress||School, Ad Madness||Won|
|2000||37th Grand Bell Awards||Best New Actress||Barking Dogs Never Bite||Nominated|
|21st Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best New Actress||Won|||
|3rd Director's Cut Awards||Best New Actress||Plum Blossom||Won|||
|KBS Drama Awards||Popularity Award||RNA||Won|||
|2001||21st Korean Association of Film Critics Awards||Best Actress||Take Care of My Cat||Won|||
|9th Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2nd Women in Film Korea Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2002||38th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress (Film)||Won|||
|3rd Busan Film Critics Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|23rd Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Actress||Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance||Nominated|||
|2003||MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress||Country Princess||Nominated|||
|2006||27th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Host||Nominated|||
|9th Director's Cut Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2007||SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor||Nominated|
|2008||Chlotrudis Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Linda Linda Linda||Nominated|
|2010||19th Tokyo Sports Film Awards||Best Actress||Air Doll||Won|||
|33rd Japan Academy Prize||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|4th Asian Film Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|23rd Takasaki Film Festival||Best Actress||Won|||
|MBC Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress||Gloria||Nominated|||
|KBS Drama Awards||Netizens' Award, Actress||Master of Study||Nominated|||
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Nominated|
|2013||CinEuphoria Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Cloud Atlas||Nominated|
|International Online Cinema Awards (INOCA)||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2014||30th Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Actress in a Foreign Film||A Girl at My Door||Won|||
|23rd Buil Film Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|2015||20th Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|9th Asian Film Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|2nd Wildflower Film Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|51st Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress (Film)||Nominated|||
|2016||37th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||The Tunnel||Nominated|
|Popular Star Award||Won|||
|53rd Grand Bell Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2017||53rd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Supporting Actress (Film)||Nominated|
|22nd Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|26th Buil Film Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|1st Elle Style Awards||Super Icon (Female)||N/A||Won|||
|2018||KBS Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Matrimonial Chaos||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Nominated|
|Best Couple (with Cha Tae-hyun)||Won|||
- "The Actress of Positive Stateless/BEA Doo-na of Air Doll". Korean Film Biz Zone. 1 July 2009.
- "Cine21 Interviews Bae Doo-Na". Twitch Film. 3 November 2005.
- "[스타데이트] 이젠 어른처럼…연기 변신중인 배두나". Kukmin Ilbo (in Korean). 12 July 2000.
- Ho, Stewart (11 May 2012). "Bae Doo Na Reveals She Was Sadako Crawling Out of the TV Screen From The Ring Virus". enewsWorld.
- Paquet, Darcy. "Actors and Actresses of Korean Cinema: Bae Doo-na". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "달려라 두나! <플란다스의 개>의 배두나". Cine21 (in Korean). 29 February 2000.
- "Interview: Doona Bae and A Girl at My Door". FilmDoo. 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2018-08-13.
- Hartzell, Adam. "Women's History Trilogy (2000-4)". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Bae Doo-na: Acting Without a Pretty Face On". The Chosun Ilbo. 10 April 2006.
- Park, Jeong-ho (7 October 2001). "Flashy, Rebellious and Ready for Stardom". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Lee, Seung-heon (25 March 2002). "Park Chan-Uk – Song Kang-Ho Duo's New Movie, Revenge Is Mine". The Dong-a Ilbo.
- Paquet, Darcy. "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "[스타인터뷰]'굳세어라 금순아' 배두나". The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). 14 October 2002.
- "로맨틱 연애 추리담，<봄날의 곰을 좋아하세요?>". Cine21 (in Korean). 21 October 2003.
- "Bae Doo-na Promotes Seoul in Photo Book". The Chosun Ilbo. 26 November 2008.
- Cheon, Seung-hoon (11 March 2003). "Bae Doo-na, Heroine in New MBC TV Series A Confident Girl". The Dong-a Ilbo.
- "<연합인터뷰>`봄날의…' 주인공 배두나". Yonhap News (in Korean). 8 October 2003.
- "Bae Du-na Makes Surprise Debut as Singer in Japan". KBS Global. 16 March 2005.
- "Korean actress Bae Doona greets to the house on the occasion of the opening day of a Japanese Film Linda Linda Linda". Hancinema. Koreacontent.org. 24 July 2005.
- Kevin B. Lee, Michael Kerpan (28 February 2008). "We love Bae Doo-na (even if Korea doesn't)". alsolikelife.com. Shooting Down Pictures.
- "I'm Young for the Role of a Divorced Woman, But..." The Dong-a Ilbo. 30 March 2005.
- "The Host". The Donga Ilbo. 6 July 2006.
- "PRESS SCREENING: 괴물 (The Host)". Twitch Film. 7 July 2006.
- "케이블 OCN 미니시리즈'썸데이'주연 배두나". Herald Corp (in Korean). 25 April 2010.
- "Bae Doona, "Right now? I'm having the time of my life!"". Hancinema. Broasia. 7 September 2007.
- Cho, Bum-ja (25 March 2010). "Bae Doo-na says Doll nude scene filming was "surprising"". 10Asia.
- "Bae Doo-na Braves Nude Scene in Japanese Film". The Chosun Ilbo. 27 March 2010.
- Sung, So-young (9 April 2010). "Bae brings life to an Air Doll". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Beck, Una (1 July 2009). "The Actress of Positive Stateless/BAE Doo-na of Air Doll". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Han, Sang-hee (5 January 2010). "Heroines Line Up for Dramas in 2010". The Korea Times.
- Wee, Geun-woo (5 January 2010). "PREVIEW: KBS TV series God of Study". 10Asia.
- Lucia Hong, Lee Ji-hye (28 July 2010). "Bae Doo-na was "worried over bad singing"". 10Asia.
- "Bae Doo Na: 'Practicing Singing Is Tough'". KBS Global. 29 July 2013.
- Oh, Jean (1 August 2010). "Bae Doo-na grabs the mike in Gloria". The Korea Herald.
- Cho, Jae-eun (6 April 2012). "Athletes' story of friendship retold in As One". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Kwak, Je-yup (10 April 2012). "Sports flick As One targets patriots". The Korea Times.
- Oh, Mi-jung (17 April 2012). "Bae Doo Na Thought about North Korea's Great Leader". enewsWorld.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (26 April 2012). "Interview: Bae Doo Na Opens Up About Her Lee Bun Hui Character in Korea". enewsWorld.
- ""I'm Coming Out of Being Lee Boon-Hee," says Bae Doo-Na". Seen in Jeonju. Issue Daily. 4 May 2012.
- Park, Hyun-min (3 May 2012). "Bae Doo Na Talks of How She Lost Her Toenail in Shoot for Korea". enewsWorld.
- Lee, In-kyung (13 April 2012). "How Would You Rate Bae Doo Na's Doomsday Book Fashion Sense?". enewsWorld.
- "Bae Doo-na to Play Clone in Wachowskis New Sci-Fi Flick". The Chosun Ilbo. 14 September 2011.
- "Bae Doo-na Ice Cool Ahead of Hollywood Debut". The Chosun Ilbo. 24 September 2011.
- Lee, Rachel; Jung, Hyun-mok (1 November 2012). "Cloud Altas star talks Hollywood experience". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Ji, Yong-jin (11 September 2012). ""BAE Doo-na is marvellous": Cloud Atlas gets raves reviews after its Toronto premiere". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Shim, Sun-ah (13 December 2012). "Actress Bae Doona in love with her role in Cloud Atlas". Yonhap News Agency.
- "Rave Reviews Suggest 'Cloud Atlas' Will Boost Bae Doo-na's Int'l Career". The Chosun Ilbo. 13 September 2012.
- Lee, Jin-ho (6 January 2013). "Interview: Bae Doo Na is Proud She Made It Into Hollywood Herself". enewsWorld.
- Shim, Sun-ah (7 January 2013). "(Yonhap Interview) Actress Bae Doona proud of her roles in Cloud Atlas". Yonhap News Agency.
- Lee, Claire (7 January 2013). "Bae Doo-na, on her own". The Korea Herald.
- Park, Eun-jee (8 January 2013). "Bae Doo-na takes her career to the clouds". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "Cloud Atlas Star Can't Help Falling in Love with Filmmaking". The Chosun Ilbo. 2 February 2013.
- Lovatt, Phoebe (February 2013). "Lana Wachowski selects Doona Bae". Dazed Digital.
- Conran, Pierce (2 September 2013). "BAE Doo-na and KIM Sae-ron Team up with Producer LEE Chang-dong". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Lee, Hyo-won (20 May 2014). "Cannes: Korean Star Bae Doona on How Hollywood Loneliness Informs Her Acting". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Ma, Kevin (24 May 2014). "Korean actors on A Girl at My Door". Film Business Asia. Archived from the original on 2014-05-31. Retrieved 2014-05-26.
- Sunwoo, Carla (16 May 2014). "July Jung work selected by Cannes". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "S. Korea's Bae Doona wins best actress at Asian Film Awards". Yonhap News Agency. 27 March 2015.
- Ahn, Woorim (27 March 2015). "Bae Doona Wins The Best Actress Award at the 9th Asian Film Awards". BNTNews.
- Chow, Vivienne (25 March 2015). "Blind Massage takes top honour at Macau's 9th Asian Film Awards". South China Morning Post.
- "Bae Doona to appear in the Wachowskis' next film". Yonhap News Agency. 16 April 2013.
- "Bae Doo-na stars in new film by Wachowski siblings". The Korea Herald. 16 April 2013.
- Lee, Sun-min (17 April 2013). "Bae Doo-na cast in new Wachowski movie". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Puchko, Kristy (19 April 2013). "Doona Bae Reteams With The Wachowski Siblings For Jupiter Ascending". Cinema Blend.
- Park, Si-soo (6 April 2014). "Korean stars grace Hollywood movies". The Korea Times.
- "[Hallyu power] Bae Doo-na breaks through borders". The Korea Herald. 1 March 2016.
- "Bae Doo-na Collaborates with Brother to Make Biographic Film". The Chosun Ilbo. 24 September 2015.
- Shim, Sun-ah (21 September 2015). "Actress films Web drama with brother for Busan film festival". Yonhap News Agency.
- "Ha Jung-woo, Bae Doo-na to star in movie 'Tunnel'". The Korea Herald. 24 November 2015.
- "BAE Doo-na, KIM Joo-hyuk Team Up for IWAI Shunji Short". Korean Film Biz Zone. 9 December 2016.
- "CHANG-OK'S LETTER with BAE Doo-na and KIM Joo-hyuk Debuts on Youtube". Korean Film Biz Zone. 28 February 2017.
- "Mystery Series Marks Double TV Comeback for Two Top Stars". The Chosun Ilbo. 3 June 2017.
- "'Stranger' starring Bae Doo-na on roll". The Korea Herald. 2 July 2017.
- "'Stranger' ends amid much fanfare". The Korea Herald. 31 July 2017.
- "AMPAS Invites 14 New Korean Members". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- "BAE Doo-na Returns Home for THE ROMANTIC". Korean Film Biz Zone. 17 February 2015.
- "BAE Doo-na Partners with DRUG KING SONG Kang-ho". Korean Film Biz Zone. 10 April 2017.
- "BAE Doo-na Confirmed for 6-episode Netflix Drama Series Kingdom". Korean Film Biz Zone. 20 October 2017.
- "Cha Tae-hyun and Bae Doo-na confirmed to star in K-drama series, 'The Greatest Divorce'". South China Morning Post. 20 July 2018.
- "<굳세어라 금순아>의 귀여운 금순이, 배두나". Cine21 (in Korean). 2 October 2002.
- "BIFF 2005 Archives: Tea Date". biff.kr. Busan International Film Festival. Archived from the original on 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "[연예가 소식]배두나 SBS 새 일일 드라마 주인공". The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). 6 August 2000.
- "[연예가]MBC 새 드라마 '엄마야 누나야' 주연 탤런트 고수". The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). 11 October 2000.
- "[영화]청룡영화사 작품상 '공동경비구역 JSA'". The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). 1 December 2000.
- "JSA의 박찬욱씨 "올해 감독상"받아". Hankyung (in Korean). 20 December 2000.
- "KBS 연기대상에 김영철". Yonhap News (in Korean). 1 January 2001.
- "영평상 작품상에 '봄날은 간다' 선정". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). 30 November 2001.
- "Korean Film Awards, 1962-present". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "올해의 여성영화인상에 이정향 감독". Yonhap News (in Korean). 10 December 2002.
- "백상예술대상 설경구·태조 왕건 '영예'". Kukmin Ilbo (in Korean). 14 March 2002.
- Paquet, Darcy (19 October 2005). "Film Awards Ceremonies in Korea". Koreanfilm.org.
- "23rd Blue Dragon Film Awards". Blue Dragon Film Awards (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- "2003 MBC Drama Awards". iMBC.com (in Korean). Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "27th Blue Dragon Film Awards". Blue Dragon Film Awards (in Korean). Retrieved 2012-12-04.
- 다정하게 손잡고 들어서는 배두나-고아성. Star News via Daum (in Korean). 15 December 2006.
- Jamier, Samuel (15 December 2006). "The 27th Blue Dragon Awards". Tracking the Blue Dragon Dumplings. Archived from the original on 20 March 2014.
- Yi, Chang-ho (28 December 2006). "Director's Cut Awards Diversity of Films". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- "Hong Wins Director of the Year Award". The Chosun Ilbo. 26 December 2006.
- Hong, Lucia (21 January 2010). "Actress Bae Doona wins third award in Japan". 10Asia.
- "Bae Doo-na Wins Three Acting Awards in Japan". The Chosun Ilbo. 22 January 2010.
- Han, Sang-hee (23 December 2009). "Bae Doo-na Receives Award From Japan Academy Prize". The Korea Times.
- Chang, Tony (23 December 2009). "Actress Bae Doo-na receives lead actress award in Japan". Yonhap News Agency.
- "Bae Doo-na Wins Japanese Best Actress Award for Air Doll". KBS Global. 24 December 2009. Archived from the original on 13 April 2013.
- "4th AFA Nominees & Winners". Asian Film Awards. 20 January 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-11-25. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- Ko, Kyoung-seok (14 January 2010). "Bae Doona wins best actress award at Japanese film fest". 10Asia.
- Lee, Hyo-won (14 January 2010). "Bae Doo-na Named Best Actress". The Korea Times.
- "'2010 MBC 연기대상' 여자 우수상, 박은혜-이소연 공동수상 "울컥"". Union Press (in Korean). 31 December 2010.
- "2010 KBS 연기대상". kbs.co.kr (in Korean). KBS. Retrieved 2014-03-30.
- Conran, Pierce (29 September 2014). "BAE Doo-na Nabs Golden Rooster in China". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- Lee, Sung-eun (30 September 2014). "Bae Doo-na receives Golden Rooster". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Kim, June (6 October 2014). "SHIM Eun-kyung, SONG Kang-ho, HONG Sangsoo and ROARING CURRENTS Win at 23rd Buil Film Awards". Korean Film Biz Zone.
- ""Chunsa Film Art Awards" 'A Hard Day' takes home Grand Prix, Ha Jeong-woo and Bae Doona win best actor and actress". hancinema.net. 18 March 2015.
- "S. Korea's Bae Doona wins best actress at Asian Film Awards". The Korea Herald. 27 March 2015.
- Bechervaise, Jason (1 April 2015). "A Girl at My Door gets 7 Wildflower Awards nominations". The Korea Times.
- Lee, Seung-mi (27 May 2015). [51회 백상] 배두나가 보여준 '월드 배우'의 매너와 진심. IS Plus (in Korean).
- "INSIDE MEN Deemed Best Film at 37th Blue Dragon Awards". Korean Film Biz Zone. 29 November 2016.
- "고소영X공효진X배두나 등 '엘르스타일어워즈' 수상자 확정 [공식]". Sports Donga (in Korean). 20 October 2017.
- "[2018 KBS 연기대상] 유동근 대상 "장미희 덕분인데 내가 왜..대하드라마 부활 기원"". 10Asia (in Korean). 1 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bae Doona.|
- Official website (in Korean)