From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Total||21.08 km2 (8.14 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Doornspijk was a separate municipality until 1974, when it became a part of Elburg.
Notable people from Doornspijk
- Didericus Heineken (1730-1795), a minister of the Dutch Reformed Church, and his wife Theodora Segerina van Lom, ancestors of Freddy Heineken
- Anne van Schuppen (born 1960), long-distance runner
- Duncan Huisman (born 1971), racing car driver
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Presentation Heineken in Elburg (in Dutch)
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Doornspijk". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|