20 February 1881
Dresden, Kingdom of Saxony, Germany
|Died||24 December 1971
New Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S.
|Occupation||Film and television actress|
|Height||5'1 (1.55 m)|
Altmann was 80 years old when she made her screen debut in 1961 as Veronika in Die drei Eisbären. She played the small uncredited part of Grandma Georgina, (Charlie Bucket's grandmother), in the 1971 film version of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, her only US film credit. Her final screen role, as Frau Windegger on the episode "Wenn Steine sprechen" of the television series Tatort, was aired in 1972.
- 1961: Der Komödienstadel - Die drei Eisbären (German TV)
- 1963: Als ich noch der Waldbauernbub war (German TV)
- 1966: Der Komödienstadel - Die Mieterhöhung (German TV)
- 1966: Endkampf (German TV)
- 1969: Der Komödienstadel - Das Wunder des heiligen Florian (German TV)
- 1970: Mathias Kneissl (German TV)
- 1971: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory – Grandma Georgina
|This German biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|