Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi
|Doraemon the Movie 2017: Nobita's Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi|
Theatrical release poster
|Hepburn||Doraemon Nobita no Nankyoku kachikōchi dai bōken|
|Literally||Doraemon: Nobita and the Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi|
|Directed by||Atsushi Takahashi|
|Written by||Fujiko Fujio|
|Screenplay by||Atsushi Takahashi|
|Based on||Doraemon by Fujiko Fujio|
|Music by||Kan Sawada|
|Box office||US$65.1 million|
Doraemon the Movie 2017: Nobita's Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi[a] is a Japanese animated science-fiction film. It is the 37th movie in Doraemon movie series. It is directed and written by Atsushi Takahashi. Takahashi was an assistant director on Hayao Miyazaki's Academy Award-winning Spirited Away. It was released on March 4, 2017, in Japan. A video game based on the film for Nintendo 3DS was released in Japan on March 2, 2017.
Unable to endure the mid-summer heat, Doraemon transports Nobita and his friends to a huge iceberg floating in the South Pacific. While creating an amusement park with the secret gadget "Ice-Working Iron", Nobita finds a mysterious golden ring in the ice and he asks Doraemon to search how old the golden ring was. After learning that the ring was buried in Antarctica 100,000 years ago, Doraemon tells Nobita and his friends that nobody had discovered Antarctica until 1773, Doraemon and his friends change their clothes to winter clothes and use Anywhere Door to visit Antarctica in search of its owner. After facing many threats they come across the ruins of a huge city buried in the ice, and then travel back in time to meet Carla and Professor Hyakkoi, who are connected to the mysterious ring; however, the group must fight for survival as Doraemon risks plunging the Earth into another ice age.The film ends with showing Doraemon and his friends saying farewell to their friend Carla and Professor as they prepare to leave earth, after this Doraemon and his friends return to the home, Doraemon shows Nobita the planet's (where Carla and Professor lived or home planet of Carla and Professor) ice is melting and after some time the planet returns to it normal condition and in the last sentence of the film before credits, Nobita's Mom calls him and Doraemon for dinner. The planet's position was given to Doraemon by professor. Doraemon uses a telescope to view the planet.
|Character||Japanese voice actor|
|Tamako Nobi||Kotono Mitsuishi|
|Nobisuke Nobi||Yasunori Matsumoto|
|Professor Hyakkoi||Daisuke Namikawa|
|Pao Pao||Mai Asada, Nobunari Oda|
- Boku no kokoro o tsukutte yo, Make My Heart (僕の心をつくってよ, Make My Heart) by Ken Hirai.
Debuting on 371 screens with Toho distributing, Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi earned $6.1 million on 592,036 admissions in its first weekend and ranked 1 on Japanese box office. Doraemon's 37th film made highest second weekend gross and highest total after second weekend in the franchise and is the fastest Doraemon's film to reach ¥4 billion milestone within 37 days of release.
Here is a table which shows the box office of this movie of all the weekends in Japan:
|#||Rank||Weekend||Weekend gross||Total gross till current weekend|
|1||1||March 4–5||¥691,813,500 ($6.1 million)||¥691,813,500 ($6.1 million)|
|2||2||March 11–12||¥507,416,050 ($4.4 million)||¥1,335,367,550 ($11.6 million)|
|3||3||March 18–19||¥381,033,500 ($3.4 million)||¥1,883,054,900 ($16.8 million)|
|4||4||March 25–26||¥304,031,100 ($2.7 million)||¥2,646,925,600 ($23.8 million)|
|5||4||April 8–2||¥278,872,700 ($2.5 million)||¥3,537,579,600 ($31.7 million)|
|6||5||April 8–9||¥166,112,900 ($1.5 million)||¥4,038,973,500 ($36.3 million)|
|7||6||April 15–16||¥71,000,000 ($655,000)||¥4,140,000,000 ($37.3 million)|
|8||10||April 22–23||¥39,704,100 ($361,000)||¥4,197,254,100 ($37.8 million)|
|9||-||April 29–30||¥31,000,000 ($273,000)||¥4,240,000,000 ($38.1 million)|
|10||-||May 06–07||¥32,000,000 ($282,000)||¥4,340,000,000 ($38.9 million)|
|11||-||May 13–14||¥9,000,000 ($80,800)||¥4,360,000,000 ($39.1 million)|
|FINAL TOTAL||-||-||-||¥4.43 billion ($41.1 million)|
It was released in Hong Kong on August 3, 2017, and grossed HK$8.2 million ($1.1 million).
- "WOKJ Weekend Box office". Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- "37th Doraemon Film's 1st Trailer Previews Antarctic Story". Retrieved July 22, 2016.
- "Doraemon the Movie 2017: Nobita's Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi Info and High-Res Images from Toho". Sci Fi Japan. December 26, 2016. Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- "New Doraemon 37th installment revealed". Retrieved July 15, 2016.
- Millán, Alberto. "A new title Doraemon is already on the way to Nintendo 3DS" (in Spanish). Retrieved December 4, 2016.
- "37th Doraemon Film Features Cameo by Japanese Comedy Duo Savanna". Anime News Network. January 15, 2017. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- "Japan Box Office: 37th 'Doraemon' Film Leads Weekend Chart". Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- "哆啦A梦：大雄的南极冰冰凉大冒险（2017）". cbooo.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- "Doraemon movie 38 box office in South Korea". Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- Doraemon the Movie 2017: Nobita's Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi (ドラえもん のび太の南極カチコチ大冒険 Doraemon Nobita no Nankyoku kachikochi dai bōken)
- (in Japanese) Official website
- Doraemon the Movie 2017: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi on IMDb
|This anime film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|