The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Doreen Tovey (24 October 1918 – 13 January 2008) was an English writer and cat lover. She was the author of more than a dozen books about the life she and her husband 'Charles' (real name René) shared with their Siamese cats and other animals in Somerset, England. The books have sold more than 150,000 copies in eight countries.
- Cats in the Belfry, 1958
- Cats in May (US title Cats in Cahoots), 1959
- Donkey Work, 1963
- Life with Grandma, 1964
- Raining Cats and Donkeys, 1968
- The New Boy, 1970
- Double Trouble, 1972
- Making the Horse Laugh, 1974
- The Coming of Saska, 1976
- A Comfort of Cats, 1979
- Roses Round the Door, 1982
- Waiting in the Wings, 1986
- More Cats in the Belfry, 1997
- Cats in Concord, 2001
- "Doreen Tovey". Dorren Tovey Author Page. Summersdale Publishers Ltd. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Obituary of Doreen Tovey at booktrade.info". Archived from the original on 1 February 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2008.
- Synopsis of Cats in the Belfry by Doreen Tovey
- Obituary of Doreen Tovey at ourcats.co.uk