Dori Media Group
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dori Media's office in Tel Aviv
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
Number of locations
|Nadav Palti CEO and President|
Number of employees
Argentina Dori Media Contenidos,
Dori Media was founded in 1996 by Yair Dori, who in the early 1990s started importing Argentine soaps to the Israeli market, which became a huge success. And led to the creation of cable channels, which dedicate themselves to air Latin soaps.
After the soap opera Chiquititas became a huge phenomenon in Israel, Dori approached producer Cris Morena about developing a new project. At the time, she was seeking desperately for a financier to her new project, Rebelde Way. He accepted to invest in the project which ended up being a huge success in Argentina and a never before seen phenomenon in Israel. Afterwards, it was sold to over 50 countries and was remade by Mexico (Rebelde) and India (Remix), among others. He also financed another Cris Morena project Rincon de Luz which was not so successful in Argentina but was still extremely popular in Israel. Relationship between Morena and Dori started to turn sour when she did not accept to produce a third season of Rebelde Way and instead decided to produce Floricienta. Instead of counting with Dori to take care of the financial part of the project, Morena decided to work with RGB Entertainment instead which delimited Dori role to only deal with sales to East Europe. While Floricienta was a bigger phenomenon in Latin America and Argentina than Rebelde Way, it could not exceed the success of the predecessor in Israel and Dori and Morena parted ways.
He then started to co-produce with another Argentine companies. With Pol-ka, Dori Media produced Hombres de Honor, Padre Coraje, Sos Mi Vida and Dr. Amor. And with CENTRAL PARK PRODUCTIONS, the highly successful Lalola.
In 2007, Dori did their first independent production: El Refugio. With part of the Rebelde Way cast and staff (but without its creator Cris Morena), Dori tried to recreate the momentum of the show. It didn't work and the show was a huge flop.
After achieved huge international success with Lalola, production done by Central Park Productions.
Its current productions are Champs 12 and Cupido - El Negocio del Amor. The first one, a teen soap, is currently being aired in Argentina and other Latin American countries with lukewarm reception. The second one, which will mark the return of Ana Maria Orozco to television, is currently in production.
On 21 March 2005 the company had an initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange raising GBP 3.23 million with a valuation of GBP 21.82 million, at a price of 118 pence per share; the share price reached a high of 190 pence during 2007, but since then gone down below the level of the IPO.
Dori Media Group owns two extremely successful cable channels in Israel dedicated to airing Latin soaps: Viva and Viva Platina. He also produces local soaps including The Champion and Danny Hollywood which have been well received.
List of Productions
- Amor Latino (alongside Central Park Producciones) (2000)
- Rebelde Way (alongside Cris Morena Group) (2002–2003)
- Mil Millones (alongside Pol-ka) (2002)
- Rincon de Luz (alongside Cris Morena Group) (2003)
- Dr. Amor (alongside Pol-ka) (2003)
- Jesus, el Heredero (alongside Central Park Producciones) (2004)
- Padre Coraje (alongside Pol-ka) (2004)
- El Patron de la Vereda (alongside Central Park Producciones) (2004)
- Floricienta (alongside Cris Morena Group and RGB Entertainment) (2004–2005)
- Amor Mio (alongside Cris Morena Group and RGB Entertainment) (2005)
- Hombres de Honor (alongside Pol-ka) (2005)
- Sos Mi Vida (alongside Pol-ka) (2006)
- Collar De Esmeraldas (alongside Ideas del Sur) (2006)
- El Refugio (de los Sueños) (2006)
- Juanita la Soltera (alongside Pol-ka) (2006)
- Lalola (alongside Underground Contenidos) (2007)
- La Maga y el Camino Dorado (alongside Nickelodeon and Illusion Studios) (2007)
- Champs 12 (2009)
- Cupido - El Negocio del Amor
- senales del fin del mundo (2014)
- TV's Betty Goes Global: From Telenovela to International Brand Edited by: Janet McCabe, Kim Akass, page 168
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-06. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-12-10. Retrieved 2009-10-07.