She was a global co-ordinator of the Ancient Skies project, along with Ruediger Schulz. The project began in 2006 aiming to create a knowledge base of human cultures and their knowledge of astronomy, with the vision "One Planet – One Mankind – One Sky – One Knowledgebase", and as of July 2016[update] is "currently transferring the complete project to a new environment".
- Schultz, Rüdiger; Vickers, Doris (26 July 2011). "The 'Ancient Skies' project—human cultures and their skies". Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union. 7 (S278): 397–403. doi:10.1017/S1743921311012853. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Web portal project - core team". Portal to the Heritage of Astronomy. UNESCO. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "About us". Ancient-Skies: Human Cultures and Their Skies. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Home page". Ancient-Skies: Human Cultures and Their Skies. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Series 8: Hound, Vickers, Smit". The Museum of Curiosity. BBC. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
|This article about an Austrian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an astronomer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|