Dorothy Adams (January 8, 1900 – March 16, 1988) was an American character actress.
Adams made numerous television appearances in the 1950s. She was seen in four episodes of the western series The Adventures of Kit Carson, starring Bill Williams. She appeared in four episodes of the crime drama series Dragnet, starring Jack Webb. She made two guest appearances in Perry Mason, starring Raymond Burr. She also appeared in comedy series, such as a 1958 episode of Leave it to Beaver, starring Jerry Mathers.
In the 1960s, she was a popular acting instructor at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television.
She died in 1988 in Woodland Hills, California.
- 1938: Broadway Musketeers as Anna
- 1939: The Women as Miss Atkinson
- 1939: Ninotchka as Jacqueline
- 1940: The Fight for Life
- 1941: The Devil Commands
- 1941: Affectionately Yours
- 1941: Bedtime Story
- 1941: The Shepherd of the Hills
- 1943: So Proudly We Hail! as Lt. Irma Emerson
- 1944: Laura as Bessie Clary
- 1946: A Boy and His Dog
- 1946: The Best Years of Our Lives as Mrs. Cameron
- 1952: Jet Job
- 1952: Carrie as Mrs. Meebers
- 1956: The Ten Commandments as Slave woman/Hebrew at Golden Calf/Hebrew at Rameses' Gate
- 1956: The Killing as Ruthie O'Reilly
- 1956: Gunsmoke (season 2, episode 1, "Cow Doctor")
- 1957: 3:10 to Yuma as Mrs. Potter
- 1958: The Big Country
- 1958: Leave It To Beaver as Miss Wakeland, Acting Teacher
- 1960: From the Terrace as Mrs. Benziger
- 1961: The Twilight Zone, "Dust", Season 2, episode 12
- 1975: Peeper as Mrs. Prendergast
- Dorothy Adams at the Internet Movie Database
- Dorothy Adams at the Internet Broadway Database
- Dorothy Adams at AllMovie
- Dorothy Adams at Aveleyman
- Dorothy Adams at Find a Grave
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|