Dorothy K. Kripke
Jump to navigation Jump to search
February 6, 1912
|Died||September 6, 2000 (aged 88)|
|Spouse||Myer S. Kripke|
|Children||Saul A. Kripke|
Madeline F. Kripke
|Synagogue||Beth El Synagogue|
|Buried||Beth El Cemetery|
Kripke was a Jewish Theological Seminary graduate, Rebbetzin (Rabbanit) and children's book author, and is the mother of noted philosopher Saul A. Kripke. Some of her books were illustrated by Vladimir Bobri.
Works or publications
- Kripke, Dorothy K, and Aimee Neibart. Let's Talk About Being Jewish. New York: Ktav, 1952 .
- Kripke, Dorothy K, and Jessie B. Robinson. Rhymes to Pray. New York: Bloch Pub. Co, 1952.
- Kripke, Dorothy K, and Vladimir Bobri. Let's Talk About God. New York: Behrman House, 1953.
- Kripke, Dorothy K, and Christine Tripp. Let's Talk About God. Los Angeles, CA: Alef Design Group, 2003. ISBN 978-1-881-28334-8 (2003 reprint of 1953 book with illustrations by Christine Tripp)
- Kripke, Dorothy K. Let's Talk About Right and Wrong. New York: Behrman House, 1955.
- Kripke, Dorothy K. Let's Talk About Judaism. New York: Behrman House, 1957.
- Kripke, Dorothy K. Debbie in Dreamland: Her Holiday Adventures. New York: National Women's league of the United Synagogue of America, 1960.
- Kripke, Dorothy K, Meyer Levin, Stephen Kraft, and Lorence F. Bjorkland. God and the Story of Judaism. New York: Behrman House, 1962.
- Kripke, Dorothy K. Let's Talk About the Jewish Holidays. New York: Jonathan David, 1970.
- Kripke, Dorothy K, Myer S. Kripke, and Laszlo Matulay. Let's Talk About Loving: About Love, Sex, Marriage, and Family. New York: Ktav Pub. House, 1980. ISBN 978-0-870-68913-0
- Kripke, Dorothy K, Stacy Crossland, and Joy N. Wieder. Let's Talk About the Sabbath. Los Angeles, Calif: Alef Design Group, 1999. ISBN 978-1-881-28318-8
- Kripke, Dorothy K. Children's Books and Stories About American Jewish Life and History: A Bibliography. New York: American Jewish Historical Society.
Notes and references
- "Paid Notice: Deaths Kripke, Dorothy". The New York Times. 8 September 2000. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Dorothy K Kripke, "United States Social Security Death Index"" (Death Master File database). United States Social Security Death Index. U.S. Social Security Administration. 6 September 2000. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Kleinfield, N.R. (9 May 1997). "Enriched by His Friendship With an Agnostic, a Rabbi Finances a Storied Legacy". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- McGrath, Charles (28 January 2006). "Philosopher, 65, Lectures Not About 'What Am I?' but 'What Is I?'". The New York Times. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Yowell, Paige (14 April 2014). "Rabbi Myer Kripke, 100: Longtime leader of Omaha synagogue championed interfaith dialogue". Omaha World-Herald. Archived from the original on 15 April 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2014.