|Dorothy Lobel King|
Missing required parameter 1=month! , 1975|
|Thesis||Greek architectural sculpture|
On the name dispute between Greece and the Republic of Macedonia she said: "The Macedonians invaded and conquered Skopje, but Alexander conquered Iran and Afghanistan as well. None of these two other countries ever claimed to be Macedonia. Amphipolis is in Macedonia, Vergina is in Macedonia and Macedonia is in Greece. To claim the opposite is so ridiculous. It is like saying that Jesus went to America..."
Reception and review
She is also known as a blogger who discusses politics, as well as historical and archaeological subjects. In a 2005 article published in The Guardian King gave her thoughts on the subject of the "gender gap" in academia that was best summed up by the article's subtitle, "Wiles, not whining, are the way to overcome the gender gap, says Dorothy King".
- King, Dorothy (2006-01-19). The Elgin Marbles. Hutchinson. ISBN 978-0-09-180013-0.
- The Way of the PhDiva, The Guardian, May 2, 2005.
- King, Dorothy. "About Me". http://phdiva.blogspot.com. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Return the Marbles? Forget it BBC News, January 19, 2006
- The Elgin Marbles, by Dorothy King The Independent, January 16, 2006
- Stones of contention the Spectator, February 18, 2006
- Keep Elgin Marbles in U.K., expert says, CBC News, January 26, 2006
- Korlira, Athena. "Dorothy King: Skopje claims are 'ridiculous'". http://www.thetoc.gr/eng. Times of Change. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Hands off our Marbles, The Guardian, January 8, 2006
- Blogging History -- From the Right George Mason University "PhDiva Dorothy King is an American conservative who blogs from London."
- King, Dorothy (24 May 2005). "The way of the PhDiva". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 December 2014.