|Born||1971 (age 46–47)
Koomson has two degrees in Psychology and Journalism when she graduated from Leeds University (Trinity and All Saints College). She has written for a number of women's magazines and newspapers, as well as having had seven successful novels published in the UK and US. Koomson spent two years living in Sydney and is currently living in Brighton.
Koomson wrote her first novel, the unpublished "There's A Thin Line Between Love And Hate", when she was 13. In 2003 her debut novel, The Cupid Effect, was published. Her second novel, The Chocolate Run, was published in 2004. In 2006, she published her third novel, My Best Friend's Girl. The book was chosen for the Richard and Judy's Summer Reads shortlist and it received a huge sales boost. Koomson's fourth and fifth novels, Marshmallows For Breakfast and Goodnight, Beautiful, were published in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Koomson's sixth novel, The Ice Cream Girls, was published in 2010. Koomson's seventh novel, The Woman He Loved Before, was released on 3 February 2011. Her eighth book, The Rose Petal Beach, came out in August 2012 and was released in paperback form in April 2013. Her ninth book, The Flavours of Love, was published in November 2013, after which she took a longer break before writing her tenth book, That Girl From Nowhere, which was published in April 2015.
- The Cupid Effect, 2003
- The Chocolate Run, 2004
- My Best Friend's Girl, 2006
- Marshmallows For Breakfast, 2007
- Goodnight, Beautiful, 2008
- The Ice Cream Girls, 2010
- The Woman He Loved Before, 2011
- The Rose Petal Beach, 2012
- The Flavours of Love, 2013
- That Girl From Nowhere, 2015
- When I Was Invisible, 2015
- The Friend, 2017
- The Beach Wedding (Quick Reads), 2018
- "Dorothy Koomson Bio". Waterstones. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "GH at 60 | Our Writers & Their Books", African Book Addict, 31 March 2017.
- Kean, Danuta, "Dorothy Koomson interview: On 'The Ice Cream Girls' and being one of Britain's biggest black authors", The Independent, 10 November 2013.
- "Alumni Stories". Leeds Trinity. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Dorothy Koomson at Little Brown Book Group". Little Brown Book Group. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "All About Me". Dorothy Koomson Official Website. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "The Cupid Effect". Fantastic Fiction. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "The Chocolate Run". Fantastic Fiction. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "My Best Friends Girl". Fantastic Fiction. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Wilkes, David (19 June 2006). "Authors set for sales boost as Richard and Judy unveil shortlist". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "Marshmallows For Breakfast". Fantastic Fiction. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "The Ice Cream Girls". Waterstones. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "The Woman He Loved Before". Waterstones. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- Official website
- Dorothy Koomson at Twitter
- Koomson on the 'Richard and Judy bookclub
- Koomson Interview by novelist Andrea Semple
- Feature on "Trashionista"
- Rykesha Hudson, "Dorothy Koomson: Making Black Women Visible", The Voice, 14 May 2016.
|This article about an English novelist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|