This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dorrough Music (2016)
|Birth name||Dorwin Demarcus Dorrough|
|Also known as||Six 3|
|Born||October 28, 1986|
|Origin||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Labels||Prime Time Click., E1 Music|
Dorwin Demarcus Dorrough (born October 28, 1986), better known by his stage name Dorrough Music or simply Dorrough, is a Platinum Recording American rapper and songwriter. He is best known for his singles "Walk That Walk", "Get Big", "Ice Cream Paint Job", and "Beat Up The Block". He is also known for a series of 6 mixtapes (including three with Gangsta Grillz) and 2 studio albums.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Music career
- 3 Awards
- 4 Discography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Dorrough Music was born in Dallas, Texas, United States, at Baylor Hospital. Being the youngest of eleven kids, at the age of 7, he developed a strong interest in basketball and played the sport until he was 18. Although he had a love for music, it was not until high school that he developed an interest in creating and writing music, in which he started off mixing mixtapes for close friends that were rappers until he discovered his own talent as a writer and performer. He attended Lancaster High School in Lancaster, where he was captain of the basketball team and became popular from playing his music at games and selling mixtapes during school hours. He also attended Prairie View A&M University where he gained regional stardom through building a student fan base that spread throughout the south.
2008–2009: Dorrough Music
Dorrough Music started his musical career giving out mixtapes at basketball games at his high school. His first single, "Walk That Walk," reached 28 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and 12 on the Hot Rap Tracks chart. His second single, "Ice Cream Paint Job," was his first to reach the Billboard Hot 100, reaching number 27. His debut album, Dorrough Music, was released on E1 Music August 4, 2009 and the album peaked at #36 on the Billboard 200, 6 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, and 2 on the Top Rap Albums. After the success of the second single, "Ice Cream Paint Job", a remix was recorded. On August 18, 2009, the remix was released. It featured Soulja Boy, Rich Boy, Jermaine Dupri, Jim Jones, Slim Thug and E-40.
2010: Get Big
Dorrough Music released two promo singles for his Get Big album: "I Want (Hood Christmas Anthem)" on December 3, 2009 and "Number 23" on January 26, 2010. He also released two official singles: "Hood Bitch Fetish" featuring Yo Gotti and "Get Big". The album was released on September 7, 2010. In 2012, he was featured on a song by E-40 called "I'm Doing It", which appears as a bonus track on E-40's 16th studio album, The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 2.
2010: Gangsta Grillz: Number 23
Dorrough Music released an 18-song mixtape with DJ Drama featuring Yo Gotti, Shawty Lo, Slim Thug, Oj Tha Juiceman, Diamond and more.
2011: Gangsta Grillz: Code Red
Dorrough Music released a 15-song mixtape with DJ Drama with no features.
2011: Gangsta Grillz: Silent Assassin
Dorrough Music released a 19-song mixtape with DJ Drama featuring 2 Chainz, Yo Gotti, Nipsey Hussle Jim Jones, Travis Porter, Trae The Truth, Slim Thug, Diamond and more.
Dorrough Music released a 19-song Mixtape with DJ Ill Will featuring Nipsey Hussle, Twista, E-40, Kid Ink, YG, Yo Gotti, Ace Hood, Wale, Juvenile, Paul Wall, Bun B, Lil Duval, Yung Nation, Maino, and more.
2013: Shut The City Down
Dorrough Music released an 18-song Mixtape with Dj Smallz, Dj Scream, & Dj Mr. Rogers featuring Juicy J, Rocko, French Montana, Kevin Gates, Kid Ink, Problem, Kirko Bangz, Chevy Woods, Z-Ro, Snow Tha Product, Waka Flocka, Shawty Lo, Trae The Truth, and more.
2015: Shut The City Down 2
Dorrough Music released a 14-song Mixtape with Dj Skee & Dj Base featuring Lil Boosie, Too Short, Riff Raff, Young Dolph, Chamillionaire, Beatking, Peewee Longway and more.
2009 BET Hip Hop Awards
Nominated for Best New Artist, Video of the Year, & Viewers Choice
2010 Ascap Awards
Song Writers Award
2010 SEA Awards
Independent Artist of the Year
2008 PV Choice Awards
Rapper of the Year
- Jason Birchmeier (1986-10-28). "Dorrough | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "eOne Music US - eOne Music". Kochrecords.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "Hannah Montana, Mariah Carey Debut High On Billboard Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- [dead link]
-  Archived May 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090508123415/http://www.billboardmagazine.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Rap+Albums. Archived from the original on May 8, 2009. Retrieved August 18, 2009. Missing or empty
- "Ice Cream Paint Job Remix Feat. Soulja Boy, Rich Boy, Jermaine Dupri, Jim Jones, Slim Thug & E-40: Dorrough: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "iTunes - Music - I Want (Hood Christmas Anthem) - Single by Dorrough". Itunes.apple.com. 2009-12-03. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "iTunes - Music - Number 23 - Single by Dorrough". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-01-26. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- Paine, Jake (2010-08-04). "Dorrough Plans Sophomore Album "Get Big" For September 7 | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales". HipHopDX. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "Ride Wit Me by Dorrough on Apple Music". iTunes.