Dortmund University station
S-Bahn train at the station
|Location||Universitätsgelände, Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia
|Opened||24 September 1983 |
Dortmund University station (German: Haltepunkt Dortmund Universität) is an underground S-Bahn station on the line between Dortmund and Bochum in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. The station was opened on 24 September 1983 by Deutsche Bundesbahn on a new line (line 2190) built between Bochum-Langendreer and Dortmund-Dorstfeld. Like other stations on this line, it is served only by passenger trains.
The station has side platforms on the two track, which are both 218 m long and 96 cm high and therefore allow a level access to the trains running there. There are no other rail facilities. The station is located directly beneath the campus of the University of Dortmund. The code for the operating point is EDUV (E = former railway division of Essen, D = Dortmund, UV = University).
The station is served on week days at twenty-minute intervals by line S1 of the Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn, which also provides a connection towards the Ruhr University Bochum, the University of Duisburg-Essen and the Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf. On Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, trains run every half-hour, and hourly at night. Services are operated by DB Regio NRW GmbH.
Directly above the station is a stop on the Dortmund H-Bahn. Both stations are connected by a common lift, providing barrier-free access for disabled passengers. In addition, the station is served day each at twenty-minute intervals by buses operated by DSW21 on lines 445, 447 and 462.
- "Dortmund Universität station". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/2010 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- "Stationspreisliste 2017" [Station price list 2017] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Dortmund Universität operations". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- "Line 2190: Bochum - Dortmund". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Tunnel Universität (photos of the tunnel portals)" (in German). Tunnelportale. Retrieved 3 October 2011.