Dos Dedos Mis Amigos
|Dos Dedos Mis Amigos|
|Studio album by Pop Will Eat Itself|
|Released||19 September 1994|
|Genre||Grebo, industrial rock, rap rock, psychedelic rock|
|Label||Infectious Records (UK)
Nothing Records (US)
|Producer||PWEI, Bryan "Chuck" New|
|Pop Will Eat Itself chronology|
Dos Dedos Mis Amigos is an album from UK alternative band Pop Will Eat Itself. The album was somewhat different from PWEI's other albums, as it had more of an industrial influence and fewer samples were used.
The opening song "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" was based on the uprise of racial tension throughout Britain during 1994, and featured an over-the-top video of the bandmembers mocking the industrial scene dressed up very bizarrely, and guitarists Richard March and Adam Mole playing very large guitars. The album cover art was designed by famous British design firm The Designers Republic.
Record Collector said it was "arguably their best" album, adding that several songs on their later album Anti-Nasty League (2015) "credibly hark back to the Poppies at their hard-hitting, Dos Dedos-era best."
- "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" (Clint Mansell, Pance) – 3:59
- "Kick to Kill" (Crabb) – 3:24
- "Familus Horribilus" (Townshend, Crabb) – 4:03
- "Underbelly" (Mansell, Pance) – 3:58
- "Fatman" (Mansell, Pance) – 3:17
- "Home" (Townshend, Crabb)– 3:36
- "Cape Connection" (Crabb) – 4:59
- "Menofearthereaper" (Crabb) – 6:27
- "Everything's Cool" (Mansell, Pance) – 4:17
- "R.S.V.P." (Crabb) – 3:32
- "Babylon" (Crabb) – 5:04
- Japanese edition bonus tracks
- "C.P. I #2"
- "Wild West"
- "Let It Flow"
- Dos Dedos Mis Amigos translates as 'Two Fingers My Friends' in Spanish, which was the name of the follow-up remixed version of the album.
- "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" translates as 'I'm a foreigner' in German, but the word must be "Ausländer", with the umlaut.
- "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" contains a dry-sample guitar of Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", while "Everything's Cool" contains a sample from "Thieves" by Ministry. "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" also samples Brad Fiedel's theme tune to Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- "Familus Horribilus" samples Black Sabbath's "Symptom of the Universe" from the album Sabotage.
- This was the only PWEI album (excluding the Amalgamation EP) released on Trent Reznor's Nothing Records, although Clint Mansell would collaborate with Trent Reznor on various future projects.
- In 2001 Information Society lead singer Kurt Harland created a track called Ausoween by combining "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" and "This is Halloween" from the film The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Several tracks from this release were featured in the soundtrack to the PlayStation video game "Loaded."
- "Dos Dedos Mis Amigos - Pop Will Eat Itself". Allmusic.
- NME (Magazine) (9/17/94, p.52) - 6 - Good - "...DOS DEDOS is not quite the promised Phoenix from the ashes, but PWEI have made a bonfire of their previous inanities. And a half decent album to boot..."
- Dos Dedos Mis Amigos | Music Review | Album | Hot Press
- Review: Pop Will Eat Itself - Dos Dedos Mis Amigos
- Alternative Press (2/95, pp.68-69) - "...Besides retaining a pop feel, AMIGOS is splashed with ambient-Eastern trances, techno-synth melodies, and even dub and funk rhythms....The best revenge is to live well, and PWEI will inevitably live happily ever after, as AMIGOS is their strongest album to date..."
- Dos Dedos Mis Amigos/A Lick Of The Old Cassette Box (The Unreleased 1996 Album) - Record Collector Magazine
- Anti Nasty League - Record Collector Magazine
|This 1990s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|