Dos Dedos Mis Amigos
|Dos Dedos Mis Amigos|
|Studio album by|
|Released||19 September 1994|
|Pop Will Eat Itself chronology|
|Singles from Dos Dedos Mis Amigos|
Dos Dedos Mis Amigos is the fifth studio album by English industrial rock band Pop Will Eat Itself. It was released on 19 September 1994 in the United Kingdom by Infectious Records and in the United States by Nothing and Interscope Records. The album is somewhat different from the band's other albums, as it had more of an industrial influence and fewer samples were used. The cover art was created by longtime collaborators The Designers Republic. The album was the last before the band disbanded in 1996 (excluding the then unreleased album), until the reformed band released New Noise Designed by a Sadist in 2011, with a different line-up.
It was followed by an album of remixes, Two Fingers My Friends!, which is the English translation of "Dos Dedos Mis Amigos".
Record Collector said it was "arguably their best" album, adding that several songs on their later album Anti-Nasty League (2015) "credibly hark back to the Poppies at their hard-hitting, Dos Dedos-era best."
- "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" (Clint Mansell, Pance) – 3:59
- "Kick to Kill" (Crabb) – 3:24
- "Familus Horribilus" (Townshend, Crabb) – 4:03
- "Underbelly" (Mansell, Pance) – 3:58
- "Fatman" (Mansell, Pance) – 3:17
- "Home" (Townshend, Crabb) – 3:36
- "Cape Connection" (Crabb) – 4:59
- "Menofearthereaper" (Crabb) – 6:27
- "Everything's Cool" (Mansell, Pance) – 4:17
- "R.S.V.P." (Crabb) – 3:32
- "Babylon" (Crabb) – 5:04
- Japanese edition bonus tracks
- "C.P. I #2"
- "Wild West"
- "Let It Flow"
- "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" translates as 'I'm a foreigner' in German, but the word should be spelled "Ausländer", with the umlaut.
- "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" contains a dry-sample guitar of Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir", while "Everything's Cool" contains samples from "Thieves" by Ministry and "Little Bird" by Annie Lennox. "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" also samples Brad Fiedel's theme tune to Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- "Familus Horribilus" samples Black Sabbath's "Symptom of the Universe" from the album Sabotage.
- This was the only PWEI album (excluding the Amalgamation EP) released on Trent Reznor's Nothing Records, although Clint Mansell would collaborate with Trent Reznor on various future projects.
- In 2001 Information Society lead singer Kurt Harland created a track called Ausoween by combining "Ich Bin Ein Auslander" and "This is Halloween" from the film The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Several tracks from this release were featured in the soundtrack to the PlayStation video game Loaded.
- "Dos Dedos Mis Amigos – Pop Will Eat Itself". AllMusic.
- Alternative Press (2/95, pp. 68–69) – "...Besides retaining a pop feel, AMIGOS is splashed with ambient-Eastern trances, techno-synth melodies, and even dub and funk rhythms....The best revenge is to live well, and PWEI will inevitably live happily ever after, as AMIGOS is their strongest album to date..."
- Dos Dedos Mis Amigos | Music Review | Album | Hot Press
- Review: Pop Will Eat Itself – Dos Dedos Mis Amigos
- NME (Magazine) (9/17/94, p. 52) – 6 – Good – "...DOS DEDOS is not quite the promised Phoenix from the ashes, but PWEI have made a bonfire of their previous inanities. And a half decent album to boot..."
- Dos Dedos Mis Amigos/A Lick Of The Old Cassette Box (The Unreleased 1996 Album) – Record Collector Magazine
- "REVIEWS". Select. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Anti Nasty League – Record Collector Magazine