||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Adam Drucker|
April 21, 1977 |
Idaho, United States
|Origin||Ohio, United States|
|Genres||Alternative hip hop, indie rock|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, singer, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, sampler, synthesizer, keyboard|
|Labels||Anticon, Mush Records, Big Dada, Lex Records, Alien Transistor|
|Associated acts||Deep Puddle Dynamics, Greenthink, Clouddead, Themselves, Subtle, 13 & God, Go Dark, Nevermen|
Adam Drucker (born April 21, 1977), better known by his stage name Doseone, is an American rapper, producer, poet and artist. He is a co-founder of the indie hip hop record label Anticon. He has also been a member of numerous groups including Deep Puddle Dynamics, Greenthink, Clouddead, Themselves, Subtle, 13 & God, and Nevermen.
Doseone is known for his extensive collaborations with other Anticon members, forming numerous groups and performing guest spots on others' releases. He has recorded with many musicians including Mr. Dibbs, Aesop Rock, Slug, Sole, Alias, Jel, Odd Nosdam, Why?, Fog, Boom Bip, The Notwist and Mike Patton. He has also released several solo albums, including the spoken word album Soft Skulls and a combination audio CD and poetry book The Pelt.
Early in his musical career, Doseone once competed in a freestyle rap battle with then-unknown Eminem at Scribble Jam in 1997. In 1998, Doseone released his first solo album, Hemispheres. In 2000, he released Circle, a collaborative album with producer Boom Bip. In 2012, he released the solo album, G Is for Deep, on Anticon.
Doseone is also a visual artist. He has worked on the cover art for many of the albums he has performed on. He has contributed the artwork on Jel's album Soft Money in 2006. He has also done work in animation. He worked on an online animated cartoon NOTGarfield. The series consists of characters from Garfield involved in surreal dada situations.
In January 2012 it was announced that Adult Swim has ordered a pilot of an animated series called Mars Safari that will feature a soundtrack by Doseone and Jel. Doseone will star alongside Steve Little and Carl Weathers to voice the character Emilio.
Doseone has also participated in creating music for indie games, including Samurai Gunn, Catacomb Kids, Enter the Gungeon, Vlambeer's games Gun Godz and Nuclear Throne, as well as many other independent games currently in development.
Doseone is known for his nasal and high pitched voice, fast polyrhythmic rapping style, and extremely dense and abstract lyrics. His words tend to express upon topics of childhood, nature, and American life. While rapping/singing onstage, he often also simultaneously performs on the synthesizer, sampler, or keyboard.
A recurring character in much of Doseone's work is a man named Hour Hero Yes. He is mentioned in the 13 & God song "Ghostwork" as well as throughout albums of his band Subtle. Album and video artwork, as well as art on Subtle's official website, suggest Hour Hero Yes to be a bald man with a black and white striped face; an image which is embodied by a bust that serves as a centerpiece prop during live Subtle shows. On the cover of For Hero: For Fool, he appears in old military garb with fire for hair.
- Hemispheres (1998)
- It's Not Easy Being... (1998) (with Why?, as Greenthink)
- Blindfold (1999) (Greenthink)
- Slowdeath (1999)
- Circle (2000) (with Boom Bip)
- Object Beings (2001) (with Why? & Pedestrian, as Object Beings)
- Ha (2005)
- Soft Skulls (2007)
- Skeleton Repelent (2007)
- G Is for Deep (2012)
- Super Game Jam: Soundtrack (2014) (with Kozilek)
- 0rbitalis: Soundtrack (2015)
- Crazy Hitman Science (1999) (with Jel, Why?, et al., as Blud N Gutz)
- The Samurai Gunn (2013)
- Free Ring Tone of the Month Vol. I (2013)
- Bitchsword (2014) (with Ash, as Go Dark)
- Heavy Bullets (2014)
- Free Ring Tone of the Month Vol. II (2014)
- "Attack of the Postmodern Pat Boones / Cannibalism of the Object Beings" (2000) (Object Beings)
- Presage - "Riddles" from Outer Perimeter (1998)
- Sole - "Painting Words" from Music Without a Face (1998)
- Aesop Rock - "Odessa" from Appleseed (1999)
- Sole - "Very Important Message" and "Our Dirty Big Secret" from Bottle of Humans (2000)
- Illogic - "Dose One" from Unforeseen Shadows (2000)
- Aesop Rock - "Drawbridge" from Float (2000)
- Prefuse 73 - "Untitled" from Vocal Studies + Uprock Narratives (2001)
- J. Rawls - "Meniscus" from The Essence of J. Rawls (2001)
- Tommy V - "Carnival Creatures" from Quarter Life Crisis (2001)
- Onry Ozzborn - "Magicians" from Alone (2001)
- Frederick & Nina - "10th Floor Witches" from Head / 10th Floor Witches (2001)
- Sole - "Zero Zero Zero" from Uck rt (2001)
- Hood - "They Removed All Trace That Anything Had Ever Happened Here", "Branches Bare", and "You're Worth the Whole World" from Cold House (2001)
- Raj - "Hurry Up and Slow Down" from Conscious Contemplation (2001)
- Boom Bip - "Mannequin Hand Trapdoor I Reminder" from Seed to Sun (2002)
- Fog - "Glory" and "Moon Repellent" from Fog (2002)
- Jel - "Select Mix" from 10 Seconds (2002)
- Alias - "Opus Ashamed" from The Other Side of the Looking Glass (2002)
- DJ Krush - "Song for John Walker" from The Message at the Depth (2002)
- Sleep - "Running of the Bulls" from Riot by Candlelight (2002)
- TTC - "Pas D'armure" from Ceci N'est Pas Un Disque (2002)
- Sole - "No Thanks" from Man's Best Friend Volume 2: No Thanks (2003)
- Push Button Objects - "Air" from Ghetto Blaster (2003)
- A Grape Dope - "Red Hat Attack" from Missing Dragons (2003)
- Funkstörung - "Basic P.P.O. Blues" from Isolated. Triple Media. (2004)
- Pedestrian - "O Silent Bed" and "Anticon" from Volume One: UnIndian Songs (2005)
- Why? - "Gemini (Birthday Song)" and "Sanddollars" from Elephant Eyelash (2005)
- Populous - "My Winter Vacation" from Queue for Love (2005)
- Andrew Coleman - "Not a Speculation" from Tony Alva's Hair (2005)
- dDamage - "Feed the Fish" from Shimmy Shimmy Blade (2006)
- Alias & Tarsier - "Luck and Fear" from Brookland/Oaklyn (2006)
- Peeping Tom - "How U Feelin?" from Peeping Tom (2006)
- Baiyon - "Baiyon and Hair Stylistics" from Like a School on Lunch Time EP (2006)
- DJ Baku - "Void It Out" from Dharma Dance (2008)
- Serengeti & Polyphonic - "Steroids" from Terradactyl (2009)
- Tobacco - "The Injury" from LA UTI (2010)
- S / S / S - "Octomom" from Beak & Claw (2012)
- Serengeti - "Sprung" from C.A.B. (2013)
- Loden - "Future Confetti with Doseone" from The Star-Eyed Condition (2013)
- Pictureplane - "Party in the Pit" from The Alien Body Mixtape (2014)
- Mestizo - "Turning Tables" from Underlord (2014)
- Alias - "Crimson Across It" from Pitch Black Prism (2014)
- Lone Catalysts - "All Time Great" from The Prequel '94-'96 (2015)
- Sun Glitters – "No Birds Or Yoga Allowed" from Diving Into Reality (EP) (2015)
- Jukio "Kozilek" Kallio - "Venus Mansion" from Nuclear Throne OST (2015)
- "Rainmen", "It's Them", and "Human Races the Tortoise" on Music for the Advancement of Hip Hop (1999)
- "Do Tell" on Rapid Transit (2000)
- "Dead Beats, Generation Of" and "Inventor's Cry" on Ropeladder 12 (2000)
- "My Way Out of a Paper Bag" on Coast II Coast (2000)
- "We Ain't Fessin'", "A.D.D.", and "My Way Out of a Paper Bag" on Giga Single (2001)
- "Them's My Peoples" on A Piece of the Action (2001)
- "Confessions (of Three Men)" on Tags of the Times 3 (2001)
- "Thisboutthecitytoo" on Urban Renewal Program (2002)
- "Dark Sky Demo", "Mothers of Invention", "Poison Pit", "It's Them", and "Good People Check (Hrvatski Remix)" on Anticon Label Sampler: 1999-2004 (2004)
- "Freelance Exist" on Complex Volume 1 (2012)
- Long, Zach (June 1, 2012). "Review: Doseone’s G is for Deep". Alarm.
- Bush, Ben. "Interview with Doseone". The Believer.
- Dahlen, Chris (March 6, 2005). "Interviews: Doseone". Pitchfork Media.
- Brown, Marisa. "Doseone - Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Quinlan, Thomas (May 1, 2000). "Boom Bip & Dose One: Circle". Exclaim!. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- Feldman, Max (July 17, 2012). "Doseone: G Is For Deep". PopMatters. Retrieved October 15, 2015.