|Platform||Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS, Mac OS|
|Available in||English, French, Spanish|
DotEmu is a French video game company created in 2007 by Xavier Liard and Romain Tisserand, with its headquarters in France. This company initially dedicated to B2B adaptation and emulation of old games and now provides a B2C distribution service on dotemu.com. DotEmu provides mostly old PC games, which can be purchased and downloaded without digital rights management. The DotEmu distribution service provides users games available in various platforms, such as iPhone/iPod Touch (available in the iTunes Store), Android (sold via Google Play) and online games that can be played in a regular web browser.
Launched in February 2007, DotEmu is dedicated to emulation and fast porting of old games on modern platforms: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iPhone/iPod Touch, Android and Web/Flash games. Games are packaged using in-house emulation software, binary patched or bundled using Open Source emulation such as ScummVM and DOSBox.
As of 27 September 2012, several games have been adapted by DotEmu:
- Nicky Boom 1 (developed by Microïds) adapted on PC, Smartphone, iPhone/iPod Touch, Internet
- Nicky 2 (developed by Microïds) adapted on PC, Windows iPhone/iPod Touch, Internet
- Krypton Egg (developed by HitSoft) adapted on PC and iPhone/iPod Touch
- Golvellius (developed by D4 Enterprise) adapted on iPhone/iPod Touch
- Boulder Dash Classic & Arcade (developed by First Star Software) adapted on PC & Internet
- Street Fighter II - Champion Edition (developed by Capcom) adapted on Internet/Flash with the association of Gametap.
- Silmarils Collection (developed by Silmarils): 16 games such as Ishar Trilogy, Robinson's Requiem, Deus, Transarctica, etc. adapted in PC.
- Gobliiins Trilogy (developed by Coktel Vision) available on PC, Android and soon on iPhone/iPod touch
- Raptor: Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition (developed by Mountain King Studios) available on PC
- IREM Arcade Hits for PC
- Red Baron (1990 video game) for PC
- R-Type for Android 
- 64th Street: A Detective Story (developed by Jaleco) for iPhone 
- Avenging Spirit (developed by Jaleco) for iPhone 
- Rod Land (developed by Jaleco) for iPhone 
- Another World for Android and iOS.
- The Last Express for iOS 
- Little Big Adventure for iPhone and Android 
- 2012 remaster of Final Fantasy VII for Windows.
- Rayman Jungle Run (Android port)
- 2012 remaster of Final Fantasy VIII for Windows.
- Metal Slug 3 for Windows.
- Final Fantasy III for Windows.
- Double Dragon Trilogy for Android, iOS and Steam: include emulated versions of the first three Double Dragon arcade games
- Metal Slug X for Windows.
- Final Fantasy IV for Microsoft Windows.
- Heroes of Might and Magic III HD for Windows, Android and iOS.
- I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream for Android and iOS.
- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for Windows.
- Final Fantasy VI for Windows.
DotEmu as a games distributor
On May 6, 2010 DotEmu opened its own online distribution service on DotEmu.com gathering computer games, Flash games and iPhone/iPod touch binary patched, emulated or ported from old video games. As of January 20, 2015, DotEmu’s catalogue is made up of 267 games (also includes packs). Either available on PC, iPhone/iPod Touch, Android or online, games are added on a weekly basis and are mostly multilingual.
DotEmu.com has signed deals with a number of publishers, including:
- Gillen, Kieron (2010-04-26). "Birds Of A Feather: DotEmu Beta". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- Sora96 (2016-01-16). "My interview with DotEmu, the studio behind many recent FINAL FANTASY ports". SQUARE ENIX BD1. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "DotEmu Facebook post on their Final Fantasy VII PC release". DotEmu. 2012-08-20. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "DotEmu Facebook post on their Final Fantasy III PC release". DotEmu. 2014-05-27. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- DotEmu official website
- DotEmu corporate website