|Member of the Politburo of the Lao People's Revolutionary Party's Central Committee|
14 March 2001 – 17 May 2014 (his death)
|Deputy Prime Minister of Laos|
8 July 2006 – 17 May 2014 (his death)
|Prime Minister||Bouasone Bouphavanh
|Minister of National Defense|
27 March 2001 – 17 May 2014 (his death)
|Preceded by||Choummaly Sayasone|
|Succeeded by||Sengnuan Xayalath|
|Born||5 April 1944
Attapeu, Kingdom of Laos
|Died||17 May 2014
Baan Nadi, Lao People's Democratic Republic
|Political party||Lao People's Revolutionary Party|
|Spouse(s)||Lieutenant Colonel Mrs Thanda Phichit (died 17 May 2014)|
Major General Douangchay Phichit (5 April 1944 – 17 May 2014) was a Laotian politician from Attapeu and a Politburo member of the Lao People's Revolutionary Party (from the 7th Congress of the Lao People's Revolutionary Party until his death). He served as the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of National Defense.
- Cable: 06VIENTIANE306
- "Members of the Lao Government". Lao News Agency. Archived from the original on 3 June 2011. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- Lao deputy PM dies in plane crash Bangkok Post, 17 May 2014; accessed 17 May 2014.
- "Máy bay quân sự rơi tại Lào".
- "Lao defence minister killed in plane crash". Bangkok Post. 17 May 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Military plane with top officials crashes in northern Laos RT.com, 17 May 2014.
|This article about a politician from Laos is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|