Double Whammy (film)
|Directed by||Tom DiCillo|
|Written by||Tom DiCillo|
|Distributed by||Lions Gate Entertainment|
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (April 2014)|
Ray Pluto has horrid memories of watching his wife and child die in a traffic accident. He's also a cop who's the laughingstock of New York City because his back went out while trying to stop a mass murderer — who was then shot by a child. For his back, he gets help from a chiropractor. Meanwhile, a teenager hires thugs to kill her father, who's the super in Ray's apartment building. In the same building, two young men are writing a movie script. Ray tries to get past his grief to solve the assault on the super and also return the affections of the chiropractor.
- Denis Leary as Ray Pluto, a police officer suffering from back problems.
- Elizabeth Hurley as Dr. Ann Beamer, Pluto's chiropractor.
- Steve Buscemi as Jerry Cubbins, Pluto's partner.
- Melonie Diaz as Maribel Benitez, who hires thugs to kill her father.
- Luis Guzmán as Juan Benitez, Maribel's father.
- Donald Faison as Cletis, one of the writers in the building.
The film holds a 30% "Rotten" rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 10 reviews, 3 of which being positive.
- Mankiewicz, John. "Straight to Video." New Yorker. February 10, 2003.
|This article about a 2000s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|