From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up double-dip, double-dipped, double-dipping, or double-dips in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Double dip may refer to:
- Chips and dip#Double-dipping, to put a food item (like a vegetable or tortilla chip) into a food dip, take a bite and put it back in
- Double Dip (confectionery), a confectionery produced by Swizzels Matlow
- The practice of selling a media item to a consumer multiple times via a special edition
- Double-dip recession, a recession shape used by economists
- During the United Kingdom Parliamentary expenses scandal, the term "double dipping" was used to refer to two Members of Parliament (generally a married couple) who live together, both claiming expenses on the rent/mortgage/expenses of the same home. It also applied where one MP claimed their original home on expenses, and the other claimed their London home on expenses.
- A meteorological term referring to both an "early high" temperature and a "late low" temperature in the same day
- Double dipping, the practice of simultaneously holding multiple elected positions
- Double dipping, another name for circular analysis in statistics
- A lifeline in the game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? in which a contestant takes two tries at a question. If the contestant's first answer is wrong, he or she must choose from the remaining three answers, but if the second answer is also wrong, the contestant's game is over
- The practice of using both a tanning bed and a sunless tanning method to achieve a very dark tan
- Double dipping (Open Access), institutions (universities) pay for open access publishing of an article and pay for the subscription of this journals
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Double dip.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.