Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up doublet in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Doublet may refer to:
- Doublet (clothing), a man's snug-fitting buttoned jacket that was worn from the late 14th century to the mid 17th century
- Doublet (Highland dress), a formal jacket worn with Scottish highland dress
- Doublet (lapidary), an assembled gem composed in two sections, such as a garnet overlaying green glass
- Doublet (lens), a type of lens, made up of two stacked layers with different refractive indices
- Doublet (linguistics), one of two or more words of the same language that come from the same root
- Doublet state, a state in quantum physics of a system with a spin of 1⁄2
- Doublet (potential flow), fluid flow due to a source–sink combination
- Doublet (computing), a group of 16 bits in computing
- Doublet earthquake, two earthquakes associated by space and time
- Pierre Jean Louis Ovide Doublet (1749–1824), a politician and writer from France
- Word ladder or "doublets", a word game invented by Lewis Carroll
- In mathematics, the unit doublet is the derivative of the Dirac delta function
- In textual criticism, two different narrative accounts of the same actual event
- Dimeresia howellii, a tiny flowering plant.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Doublet.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.