|Directed by||Drake Doremus|
|Produced by||Jonathan Schwartz|
|Written by||Andrew Dickler|
Ben York Jones
|Music by||Casey Immoor|
|Edited by||Andrew Dickler|
|Distributed by||Red Dragon|
Douchebag is a 2010 film directed by Drake Doremus. The film is a black comedy set in Los Angeles, focusing on Thomas Nussbaum (Ben York Jones), his older brother Sam Nussbaum (Andrew Dickler) and Sam's fiancée Steph (Marguerite Moreau).
The film is a road movie following the journey of Sam Nussbaum, his fiancée Steph, and Sam's younger brother Tom, an aspiring artist, to Los Angeles for Sam and Steph's wedding. The two brothers had not seen each other for two years prior to the journey and there is bad blood between them. Along the way they try to find Tom's fifth grade girlfriend.
- Thomas Edison
- Andrew Dickler – Sam Nussbaum
- Ben York Jones – Thomas Nussbaum
- Marguerite Moreau – Steph
- Nicole Vicius – Mary Barger #2
- Amy Ferguson – Sarah
- Wendi McLendon-Covey – Mary Barger #1
The film was an official selection for the 2010 Sundance Film Festival. The success of the film at the festival led to it being picked up by distributor Red Dragon for a theatrical release in September 2010.
Douchebag received a "Rotten" score of 57 percent on the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on a weighted average of 23 total reviews. Variety's Justin Chang opined that the film "often feels forced and unconvincing", though praising Dickler's film debut as "memorably repellent". Entertainment Weekly's Owen Gleiberman called it "a bubblingly sharp and fresh and dark and winning comedy". The Hollywood Reporter called it "a clever DIY comedy". BoxOffice was less complimentary, calling it "undistinguished, in the sense that its ideas and emotional payloads are both safe and small".
- Chang, Justin (February 3, 2010), "Douchebag", Variety, retrieved 27 August 2010
- Coker, Matt (May 18, 2010), "Drake Doremus' Douchebag Wins U.S. Distribution, to be in Theaters This September", OC Weekly, archived from the original on 31 July 2010, retrieved 27 August 2010
- Fernandez, Jay A. (May 17, 2010), "'Douchebag' finally finds a home with Urman, Elwes and Red Dragon", The Hollywood Reporter, retrieved 27 August 2010
- "Douchebag". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- Coker, Matt (February 4, 2010), "Drake Doremus' 'Douchebag' at Sundance", OC Weekly, retrieved 27 August 2010
- DeFore, John (January 25, 2010), "Douchebag -- Film Review", The Hollywood Reporter, retrieved 27 August 2010
- Greene, Ray (January 23, 2010), "Douchebag", Boxoffice.com, archived from the original on 18 July 2011, retrieved 27 August 2010
- Douchebag on IMDb
- Video interview with Drake Doremus, Andrew Dickler and Ben York Jones", Moving Pictures, retrieved 2010-08-27