|Full name||Douglas Andrew John Bracewell|
28 September 1990 |
Tauranga, New Zealand
|Bowling style||Right arm fast-medium|
|Test debut (cap 251)||1 November 2011 v Zimbabwe|
|Last Test||27 August 2016 v South Africa|
|ODI debut (cap 165)||20 October 2011 v Zimbabwe|
|Last ODI||16 October 2016 v India|
|T20I debut (cap 48)||15 October 2011 v Zimbabwe|
|Last T20I||14 August 2015 v South Africa|
|Domestic team information|
|2007–||Central Districts Stags|
|Source: Cricinfo, 02 February 2014|
- For his uncle, another cricketer, see Douglas Bracewell.
Douglas Andrew John Bracewell (born 28 September 1990) is an international New Zealand cricketer who currently plays for Central Districts. He is a right-hand batsman and bowls right-arm fast-medium pace. He is the son of former Test cricketer Brendon Bracewell. His uncle is also a former Black Caps player and coach John Bracewell.
On 17 November 2008 he made his first-class debut for Central Districts against Auckland, he was dismissed for a duck in the first innings before taking 1 wicket for 41 runs (1/41). A month later he made his List A debut against the same opposition, he took 2/33 and as opening batsman scored 55.
Bracewell made his Test debut against Zimbabwe in November 2011, and took 5/85 in the second innings. Bracewell became the seventh New Zealand bowler to pick up a five-wicket haul on Test debut. It is also the fifth five-wicket haul by a bowler making his debut against Zimbabwe.
In a Test match against Australia at Bellerive Oval, Hobart Bracewell ran through the Aussie batting line-up and took figures of 6/40 in only his third Test, which is the best bowling by a New Zealand bowler in Tests in nearly 5 years. He bowled Nathan Lyon to seal the win by 7 runs. It was also 26 years since New Zealand last won a Test match in Australia.
Test 5 Wicket hauls
|1||5/85||1||Zimbabwe||Queens Sports Club||Bulawayo||Zimbabwe||2011|
- Dickson, Walt (9 December 2009). "Captain gets surprise call up". Wairarapa News. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- Bracewells named in U-19 squad, Cricinfo, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- Player Oracle DAJ Bracewell, CricketArchive, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- Central Districts v Auckland, State Championship 2008/09, CricketArchive, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- Auckland v Central Districts, State Shield 2008/09, CricketArchive, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- "Only Test: Zimbabwe v New Zealand at Bulawayo, Nov 1–5, 2011". espncricinfo. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- New Zealand outlast Brendan Taylor to win thriller ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 13 December 2011
- Black Caps bask in the glory of rare victory Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 13 December 2011