|Full name||Douglas Andrew John Bracewell|
28 September 1990 |
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
|Bowling style||Right arm fast-medium|
|Test debut (cap 251)||1 November 2011 v Zimbabwe|
|Last Test||9 November 2015 v Australia|
|ODI debut (cap 165)||20 October 2011 v Zimbabwe|
|Last ODI||26 August 2015 v South Africa|
|T20I debut (cap 48)||15 October 2011 v Zimbabwe|
|Last T20I||26 December 2012 v South Africa|
|Domestic team information|
|2007–||Central Districts Stags|
|Source: , 02 February 2014|
- For his uncle, another cricketer, see Douglas Bracewell.
Douglas Andrew John Bracewell (born 28 September 1990 in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty) is a New Zealand cricketer who currently plays for Central Districts. He is a right-hand batsman and bowls right-arm fast-medium pace. He is the son of former Test cricketer Brendon Bracewell. His uncle is former Black Caps player and coach John Bracewell.
On 17 November 2008 he made his first-class debut for Central Districts against Auckland, he was dismissed for a duck in the first innings before taking 1 wicket for 41 runs (1/41). A month later he made his List A debut against the same opposition, he took 2/33 and as opening batsman scored 55.
Bracewell made his Test debut against Zimbabwe in November 2011, and took 5/85 in the second innings. Bracewell became the seventh New Zealand bowler to pick up a five-wicket haul on Test debut. It is also the fifth five-wicket haul by a bowler making his debut against Zimbabwe.
In a Test match against Australia at Bellerive Oval, Hobart Bracewell ran through the Aussie batting line-up and took figures of 6/40 in only his third Test, which is the best bowling by a New Zealand bowler in Tests in nearly 5 years. He bowled Nathan Lyon to seal the win by 7 runs. It was also 26 years since New Zealand last won a test match in Australia.
- Bracewells named in U-19 squad, Cricinfo, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- Player Oracle DAJ Bracewell, CricketArchive, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- Central Districts v Auckland, State Championship 2008/09, CricketArchive, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- Auckland v Central Districts, State Shield 2008/09, CricketArchive, Retrieved 17 January 2009
- "Only Test: Zimbabwe v New Zealand at Bulawayo, Nov 1–5, 2011". espncricinfo. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- New Zealand outlast Brendan Taylor to win thriller ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 13 December 2011
- Black Caps bask in the glory of rare victory Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 13 December 2011