Doug Cushman (born May 4, 1953) is an artist who has worked as a cartoonist and a book illustrator. He is also the author of a series of children's books.
Doug Cushman was born in Springfield, Ohio, and moved to Connecticut with his family when he was 13 years old. While in high school he created comic books lampooning his teachers, selling them to his classmates for a nickel a piece. Cushman has illustrated and written over 120 books for children over his career since 1978. In his free time, Cushman enjoys painting, playing guitar, and cooking along with traveling the world. He spends most of his time in Paris, France, Europe, and the US.
Awards and honors
- He received the National Cartoonist Society Magazine and Book Illustration Award for 1996
- He was nominated the National Cartoonist Society Magazine and Book Illustration Award in 2000.
- Reuben Award for Book Illustration from the Nationalist Cartoonists Society
- New York Times Children's Books Best Sellers
- New York Public Library's Best 100 Books of 2000
- 2009 California Young Readers medal
- Official website
- NCS Awards
- Doug Cushman at Library of Congress Authorities, with 143 catalog records
|This profile of an American cartoonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|