Doug Elliott (author)
This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Doug Elliott is a storyteller, herbalist and naturalist whose specialty is the American Appalachians. He is the author of several books featuring his own illustrations. His recordings and writings take much from the Native American mythology and world view.
- Raccoon and a Possum (1997)
- Bullfrogs on Your Mind (1997)
- Stories, Songs, Jokes & Tales
- Crawdads, Doodlebugs & Creasy Greens
- Looking for America
- Everybody's Fishin' (2003)
- Bound for Carolina: A Musical Journey Celebrating the Plants, Animals and People of the Southeast"
- Sail On Honeybee: Adventures in Bee Yard"
- Swarm Tree: Of Honeybees, Honeymoons and the Tree of Life (2009)
- Wild Roots: A Forager's Guide to the Edible and Medicinal Roots, Tubers, Corms, and Rhizomes of North America (1995)
- Crawdads, Doodlebugs & Creasy Greens: Songs, Stories & Lore Celebrating the Natural World(1995)
- Wildwoods Wisdom: Encounters with the Natural World (1992)
- Woodslore and Wildwoods Wisdom: Stories, Myth, Folklore and Truth Stranger Than Fiction About the Natural World (1986)
- ROOTS: An Underground Botany and Forager's Guide (1976)