Karsch at a Michigan football game
|Show||Radio: Karsch & Anderson
The Rich Rodriguez Radio Show
TV: Michigan Sports Weekly
Inside Michigan Football
|Station(s)||Radio show: WXYT-FM, Detroit, Michigan
Michigan Wolverines Football Network (sideline reporter)
TV shows: Syndicated on cable sports channels
|Time slot||10 am – 2 pm, Monday-Friday (Karsch & Anderson)|
Education and early career
Karsch graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in communications. He got his start in broadcasting at TV station WEYI in Flint as a sports reporter. He made his radio debut in 1994 on WTKA in Ann Arbor. He has hosted pre-game/halftime/post-game coverage of Wolverine basketball. Nationally he has been heard on ESPN College Football Tailgate on ESPN Radio. He has also covered NASCAR and CART races.
He is the co-host of Karsch & Anderson (formerly the Big Show), a radio talk show heard weekdays on WXYT-FM "97.1 The Ticket" in Detroit, Michigan. Doug also hosts The Brady Hoke Radio Show, a weekly syndicated Michigan Wolverines football discussion program, along with Jim Brandstatter, and varying assistant coaches and players which airs live on Thursdays during the college football season.
In April 2014 Karsch was said to be among the finalists for the University of Michigan Football play by play radio position. The position was, in the end, awarded to Dan Dierdorf, who played football for Michigan and in the NFL, as well as having done color commentary for NFL games on CBS.
He also appears as a reporter on Inside Michigan Football, seen on the same channels.
In addition to working at WXYT, Karsch has given interviews regarding his opinion of various news items about the Michigan Wolverines football team, that have later been published in The Detroit Free Press.
- "Detroit's 97.1 The Ticket - Ticket Karsch & Anderson Bios". CBS Radio. Archived from the original on 2008-07-25. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- Michigan Football Broadcast Information
- "Wolverine Sports Magazine Program Details". The Michigan Channel Website. Archived from the original on 2011-07-27.
- Machota, John (2007-12-17). "Doug Karsch: Rodriguez has a lot to prove". The Detroit Free Press.
- "Doug Karsch: Kirk Ferentz, Urban Meyer are coaches to go after". The Detroit Free Press. 2007-12-01.
- "Dontrelle Willis: 'I've always been a Pistons fan'". The Detroit Free Press.