This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Doug Pagitt (born July 5, 1966) is an author associated with the emerging church movement and founding pastor of Solomon's Porch in South Minneapolis. During weekly "gatherings" of Solomon's Porch, instead of giving traditional sermons, Pagitt facilitates dialogical talks, encouraging questions and participation from the congregation.
Pagitt founded Emergent Village in 1999, a generative friendship of missional church leaders around the world and is a leading architect of the emergent church discussion. He sees the emergent movement not as one organization but as an "incubation center" that has influenced hundreds of organizations by inspiring new ways of thinking of the Christian faith. In recent years, he has come to advocate for a what is termed a "Generous Christianity" through his involvement with Cana Initiative/Convergence.
In 2010 Pagitt launched the Doug Pagitt Radio Program on AM950 to discuss theology and culture.
Pagitt’s recent endeavor, Greater Things, encompasses his unwavering passion to share the good news of a more just, generous and inclusive Christianity among those seeking to follow God in the way of Jesus.
As a ‘hopeful optimist’ Doug Pagitt sees the intense divisions in our country and uses his voice and actions to create a more beautiful world for all, which includes a soon-to-launch radio network and a National Political Tour, September through November 2018, calling all Evangelical Americans to Vote Common Good. His message is clear: we all need to set aside individual preference and pettiness, to listen to our better angels, to open our eyes and hearts and vote for the common good:
- Webber, Robert E. Listening to the Beliefs of Emerging Churches: Five Perspectives (Zondervan, 2007) ISBN 978-0-310-27135-2
- Preaching Re-Imagined: The Role of the Sermon in Communities of Faith, ISBN 0-310-26363-8.
- Church Re-Imagined: The Spiritual Formation of People in Communities of Faith, ISBN 0-310-26975-X.
- BodyPrayer : The Posture of Intimacy with God, ISBN 1-4000-7148-8.
- A Christianity Worth Believing: Hope-filled, Open-armed, Alive-and-well Faith for the Left Out, Left Behind, and Let Down in us All, (Jossey-Bass, 2008) ISBN 0-7879-9812-5
- http://www.dougpagittradio.com Archived April 2, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- dougpagitt.com Doug Pagitt's personal blog/website
- electdougpagitt.com Doug Pagitt's campaign website
solomonsporch.com Solomon's Porch website
|This biographical article about a notable person in connection with Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|