|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2011)|
Doug Pagitt (born July 5, 1966) is an author associated with the emerging church movement and founding pastor of Solomon's Porch in South Minneapolis.  During weekly "gatherings" of Solomon's Porch, instead of giving traditional sermons, Pagitt facilitates dialogical talks, encouraging questions and participation from the congregation. 
Pagitt is also a Senior Fellow with Emergent Village: a generative friendship of missional church leaders around the world and a leading architect of the emergent church discussion. He sees the emergent movement not as one organization but as an "incubation center" that has influenced hundreds of organizations by inspiring new ways of thinking of the Christian faith. In recent years, he has come to advocate for a what is termed a "Generous Christianity" through his involvement with Cana Initiative/Convergence.
In 2010 Pagitt launched the Doug Pagitt Radio Program on AM950 to discuss theology and culture.
- Webber, Robert E. Listening to the Beliefs of Emerging Churches: Five Perspectives (Zondervan, 2007) ISBN 978-0-310-27135-2
- Preaching Re-Imagined: The Role of the Sermon in Communities of Faith, ISBN 0-310-26363-8.
- Church Re-Imagined: The Spiritual Formation of People in Communities of Faith, ISBN 0-310-26975-X.
- BodyPrayer : The Posture of Intimacy with God, ISBN 1-4000-7148-8.
- A Christianity Worth Believing: Hope-filled, Open-armed, Alive-and-well Faith for the Left Out, Left Behind, and Let Down in us All, (Jossey-Bass, 2008) ISBN 0-7879-9812-5
- dougpagitt.com Doug Pagitt's personal blog/website
- electdougpagitt.com Doug Pagitt's campaign website
solomonsporch.com Solomon's Porch website
|This biographical article about a person notable in connection with Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|