Doug Phillips (rugby)
|Full name||Douglas V. Phillips|
|1946–≥51||Broughton Rangers/Belle Vue Rangers|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Douglas "Doug" V. Phillips (birth registered July–September 1919 in Neath — death unknown) was a Welsh rugby union and professional rugby league footballer of the 1940s and '50s, playing club level rugby union (RU) for Swansea RFC, and playing representative level rugby league (RL) for Great Britain, and Wales, and at club level for Oldham, and Broughton Rangers/Belle Vue Rangers, as a Second-row, i.e. 11 or 12, during the era of contested scrums.
Doug Phillips won 9 caps for Wales (RL) in 1945–1951 while at Oldham and Belle Vue Rangers, and won caps for Great Britain (RL) while at Broughton Rangers in 1946 against Australia (3 matches), and while at Belle Vue Rangers in 1950 against Australia.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Williams, Graham; Lush, Peter; Farrar, David (2009). The British Rugby League Records Book. London League. pp. 108–114. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Marriage details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Statistics at orl-heritagetrust.org.uk
- Team – Past Players – P at swansearfc.co.uk (profile missing)