|No. 72, 79|
|Born:||July 22, 1965|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||280 lb (127 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||1987 / Round: 6 / Pick: 168|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Douglas John Riesenberg (born July 22, 1965) is a former American football offensive tackle in the National Football League for the New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and started in Super Bowl XXV.
Born in Carroll, Iowa, he moved to Moscow, Idaho before his freshman year of high school. At Moscow High School, he was an all-state football player on both offense and defense, an all-state basketball player, and a three-time state champion in the discus. His father, Louis, a professor at the University of Idaho since 1979, was the chairman of the agricultural education department.
After being heavily recruited by colleges from coast to coast, Riesenberg attended the University of California, Berkeley, to study electrical engineering and computer science. He played defense and moved to offense for his senior season in 1986 for the Golden Bears. He was selected in the sixth round of the 1987 NFL Draft by the New York Giants.
Riesenberg later attended Oregon State University to complete his engineering and education studies in 2005. He coached offensive line at Redwood High School (Larkspur) (helping the Giants to win MCAL titles in 1998 and 2000, also serving as the offensive coordinator for the latter) for four years at Corvallis High School, and two years at Philomath High School. Riesenberg is now a math teacher and offensive line coach at Crescent Valley High School in Corvallis.
- "Vikes snag six all-state spots". Spokane Chronicle. December 2, 1982. p. 40.
- "Moscow prep honored". Spokesman-Review. October 10, 1983. p. 20.
- "Bjorkman speaks up in defense of Riesenberg". (Moscow) Idahonian. Associated Press. January 25, 1991. p. 3B.
- "Idaho salaries database". Idaho Statesman.com. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- Hatch, Brooks (January 31, 2010). "Super Bowl win doesn't define Riesenberg's life". Corvallis Gazette-Times. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|